News:

--

Main Menu

Panning the video while in zoom mode

Started by jbohanon, November 16, 2017, 10:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbohanon

Sometimes I want to freeze frame a video and export a frame, but I would like to grab a clear frame, so I'd like to be able to zoom in on an area of interest. These videos are 4k, so they naturally open on zoom level 4. When I go to other zoom levels, only the top left portion of the video shows up. I am moving while shooting them, so it's not good enough to just crop the size of the original video. I would like to be able to pan to, say, the center, after I zoom. Is there some control I'm missing to be able to do this?

eumagga0x2a

On Linux, you can grab an application window at any spot and drag it beyond screen boundaries as you wish.

jbohanon

I do have a Linux machine, but this is on the Windows version, which is what I have on my faster computer. (I suppose I could try in a VM).

jbohanon

Ok, I just got a chance to try this in a Linux VM and it didn't work there, either.

eumagga0x2a

This is window manager dependent. With gnome-shell (mutter as window manager): keep the SUPER key (the "Windows" key) pressed, then click + drag. Some other WMs: keep the ALT key pressed, then click + drag.

https://superuser.com/questions/428974/how-to-enable-dragging-windows-with-alt-click-in-gnome-3-gnome-shell