Is it possible to view the audio profile?

Started by arnoldpredator, October 30, 2017, 04:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnoldpredator

I'm loving Avidemux and works very well, but I am finding it hard to select the right frame to make a cut because I am not sure if there is or not sound.

With this type of profile below the timeline I would be able to cut exactly at the frames with no sound so I won't have any issues.

Thanks for your time!

eumagga0x2a

The best way to add waveform view to Avidemux is to implement this feature yourself. Patches welcome.

arnoldpredator

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on October 31, 2017, 12:45:00 AM
The best way to add waveform view to Avidemux is to implement this feature yourself. Patches welcome.

I saw that Kdenlive has the feature, and it is open source, but unfortunately I am not a programmer and I can't do it.

Sorry!

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: arnoldpredator on October 31, 2017, 07:47:04 AM
unfortunately I am not a programmer

Me neither. I learned a bit of C++ a year ago to get some issues in Avidemux fixed to my liking. I never wrote any code before. If you are interested, don't hesitate and shape things yourself.

arnoldpredator

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on October 31, 2017, 09:06:14 AM
Quote from: arnoldpredator on October 31, 2017, 07:47:04 AM
unfortunately I am not a programmer

Me neither. I learned a bit of C++ a year ago to get some issues in Avidemux fixed to my liking. I never wrote any code before. If you are interested, don't hesitate and shape things yourself.

You know C++ and you have experience changing avidemux to your liking, just curious, How long could it take to me to  programme the feature I am asking? Do you have any guess?

eumagga0x2a

It strongly depends on available time, ambition and abilities, and one probably won't start straight with something that difficult (and without a timeline, this feature probably won't be very useful), but there is so much to do almost everywhere.

arnoldpredator

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on October 31, 2017, 09:37:28 AM
It strongly depends on available time, ambition and abilities, and one probably won't start straight with something that difficult (and without a timeline, this feature probably won't be very useful), but there is so much to do almost everywhere.

Nothing difficult for someone with your intelectual capacities.   :D

arnoldpredator

Nobody else interested? It is a key feature folks.

BG Davis

Quote from: arnoldpredator on November 03, 2017, 03:24:01 PM
Nobody else interested? It is a key feature folks.
I'm sure there is a lot of interest.  At present one workaround is to use a program like Audacity to edit the audio and use Avidemux to edit the video.  You can coordinate to 1/100th of a second.
That said, it would be very nice to do it all in one program. However, one advantage of Avidemux is that it is simple and "light weight."  I have Adobe Premiere Elements and it is wonderful for complex projects (especially those involving multiple sound tracks, etc.), but for everyday use it's pretty cumbersome - hence the utility value of Avidemux.