Maybe someone can educate me on the proper term

Started by ruralamerican, November 06, 2021, 03:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruralamerican

for this as well as hopefully answering this question. When I have a video loaded in Avidemux and put my mouse down on the play bar then roll the scroll wheel over once it move 8 frames I suppose. If I run the video through powerdirector I  can get it down to where it only moves 2 instead of 8. If I use Filmora it goes to .5 taking 2 rolls to advance 1. Is there anyway this can be done in Avidemux? The purpose is it allows me to make my cuts extremely close as where with the 8 I get stuff I don't want because that's as tight as I can make it. I understand the frame part what would the block of the mouse roll that is from .5 up to 10 I have seen in some videos be called? If somebody would please the lack of knowing that term made my search to answer this myself useless as it addressed everything but this.

szlldm

Scrolling the mouse wheel == go to the next/previous (depending on scroll direction) KEYframe.

ruralamerican

Quote from: szlldm on November 06, 2021, 03:59:34 PMScrolling the mouse wheel == go to the next/previous (depending on scroll direction) KEYframe.

Thank you so much for that now I can get to work seeing if I can figure this out on my own in the event nobody can help. I appreciate you taking the time to do that.

Edit: Unless I have wandered off in to left field that was all I needed. The change needed appears to be in the keyframe frequency, GOP size or GOP length depending on which of those terms a person uses and is done through the encoder. So now I'm off to learn about that which is something I kept saying I was going to do and procrastinated on. It's always nice to something about what's going behind the scene in response to the selection you make in the settings of a program that holds your hand all the way. I might even learn a little terminology that saves me from creating an account just to ask a question I very well expected to take some flak for. Again thanks for your help you have me on the road again.