Open or append images in timeline - which versions?

Started by BG Davis, December 18, 2017, 09:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BG Davis

Aloha,

I haven't used Avidemux for quite some time and there have been several iterations, which I have downloaded and installed.
Is there any way - other than trial and error -  to know which versions allow for opening or appending images into the timeline?  Also, what types of images (if any) are accepted?
I used to do this all the time with JPEG and PNG; now all I get are error messages.  Unfortunately I seem to have deleted the version that used to allow this, and I don't recall which one it was.

Thanks in advance for information!
Best,
BG

eumagga0x2a

You should use at least the last release, better the most recent nightly build due to the fact that the last release 2.7.0 is getting long in the tooth.

JPEG, PNG and BMP are supported. It would be helpful to know the exact wording of the error, preferably the log (admlog.txt) of the Avidemux session with the error.

The image must have the same dimensions as the video. If you use hardware accelerated decoding, you might be unable to play the video beyond the point where the image war appended, thus disable hw accel for this purpose.

Jan Gruuthuse

You can only load 1st image, copy image and paste image until you have wanted duration to show image, then attach video.
see add png  then append video to it enable [CC] while viewing video.

other locations:
Better is to prepare video of the image 1st:
- load 1st image
- copy image [ctrl][c]
- paste image [ctrl][V] until you have wanted duration to show image
save video and then use video clip

BG Davis

I find that the older version v2.5 is very stable and reliable for loading and appending JPEGs.  Also for replicating JPEGs in the timeline (simply holding down Ctrl-V makes it very quick).
Newer versions are not.
(v2.5 also allows for saving a sequence of frames as JPEG - something not allowed with newer versions.)

Sadly, newer is not always better.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: BG Davis on January 03, 2018, 06:52:00 PM
I find that the older version v2.5 is very stable and reliable for loading and appending JPEGs.  Also for replicating JPEGs in the timeline (simply holding down Ctrl-V makes it very quick).

Works fine for me using a build from the current git master.

Quotev2.5 also allows for saving a sequence of frames as JPEG - something not allowed with newer versions.

This would be indeed nice to have.