News:

--

Main Menu

Avidemux for kUBUNTU 17.10

Started by AvideMic, January 06, 2018, 03:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AvideMic

I updated my system to 17.10 and from that point have an issue with Avidemux.
Unfortunately, Avidmeux is not in UBUNTU repos; therefore I used GetDeb with kUBUNTU 16.04. Now there is no GetDeb for 17.10 (artful), therefore I have the zesty-version (17.04) in sources.list:
deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu/ zesty-getdeb apps
Program is installed and runs, but opening a video-file it claims about missing demuxer.
SYNAPTIC shows, that avidemux2.6-plugins* are not installed and I tried either avidemux2.6-plugins-qt and avidemux2.6-plugins-common, but this proveds new error messages esp. about libx265-110, where I have already libx265-130.
Found a similar issue http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php?topic=18076.0, but there is nothing about their source or procedure.
Any help appreciated
Michael

eumagga0x2a

Build Avidemux yourself from the current git master:

sudo apt-get purge "avidemux*"
sudo apt-get install git
git clone https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2.git
cd avidemux2
bash createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash

AvideMic

Thank you, worked perfectly for me.
Michael

RD15

I tried this with Lubuntu 17.10 but it failed. Last lines are:

** Failed at make, result in /tmp/logbuildPluginsCommon**
Installing avidemux...
createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash: line 35: cd: debs: No such file or directory

This was very much a "monkey see, monkey do" task for me, so I would be very grateful for any help to get it working.

Failing that, if I have to wait for the repository to be updated, can I safely delete the avidemux2 folder?

Jan Gruuthuse

See next Posting!
Try installing this 1st:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gcc g++ make cmake pkg-config fakeroot yasm build-essential
go into avidemux folder
cd ~/avidemux2
try installing again with script:
bash createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash >~/Desktop/BuildFromSource.txt

This will take some time, wait until the cursor returns. Compiling avidemux, it will take 20 minutes or so. All text output is written into the text file "BuildFromSource.txt" on your desktop and should have reached around 640 kB in size.

open terminal and start avidemux:
/usr/bin/avidemux3_qt5

If avidemux fails to start, compress BuildFromSource.txt to .7z (7zip) the file should now be around 25 kB. Attach this to your posting.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: RD15 on February 26, 2018, 09:36:58 PM
I tried this with Lubuntu 17.10 but it failed. Last lines are:

** Failed at make, result in /tmp/logbuildPluginsCommon**

Sorry, my fault. Now it should build fine.

QuoteFailing that, if I have to wait for the repository to be updated, can I safely delete the avidemux2 folder?

Just cd in avidemux2 and run

git pull

to fetch and apply the newest changes which should fix the build, then run

bash createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash --rebuild

RD15

eumagga0x2a's solution worked, so I did not try Jan Gruuthuse's, but thanks for both replies.

Do I need to retain the avidemux2 folder, or is it only needed for the installation?  This is the first time I have built anything from source, so it is all new to me.

eumagga0x2a

If disk space is not a problem, keep it to save time and network traffic if you want to follow Avidemux development and get latest fixes (and newest bugs ;-)) immediately. Apart from that, it is not needed to run the installed build.

RD15