News:

--

Main Menu

wmv re-encode problems

Started by fofu01, January 09, 2018, 01:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fofu01

Is anyone else unable to re-encode wmv audio? It refuses to load the "wmap" (windows media audio professional) so any edit or re-encode results in no audio at all, or just pooping noises. I've searched the forum for an answer but it seems that no one else has this problem, so why do I? How do I fix this?

Jan Gruuthuse

try audacity, if that fails
try vlc: Media: Convert / Save

fofu01

So does everyone using Avidemux have to convert audio in wmv first before running the file through avidemux for a second conversion? I've already been doing that using Ultra Video Joiner to covert wmv to mp4 with no issue for the audio but I can't color correct with that program. That's why I like using Avidemux, because I enhance the video image, correct issues, edit parts out and then convert, all in one run, with avi's mp4s etc. Is there no way to do that for wmv? I was wondering if I was missing an audio codec or something.

OH, and I should add, sometimes it works. Even with the same file. I'll do a few cuts and it works. Then I'll do another cut and it no longer works. Very weird.

Jan Gruuthuse

If you have a small source video sample with the audio issue, you could perhaps upload the video +-(100 MB / 1 minute in duration). Developer(s) could have a look and perhaps come up with a solution.
see info on Upload Hochladen Télécharger Subir