News:

--

Main Menu

Use VirtualDub Filters?

Started by johnywhy, January 23, 2018, 11:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnywhy

hi

is it possible to use VirtualDub filters in Avidemux?

thx

xtro

Hopefully you will get a positive reply as quite often you see a lot of folks reading your post, but you never quite get the reply you needed, if ever. My post on the vdf Dirt Cleaner is similar and would be a great addition to the plugins onboard already. Sometimes a piece of software though great for 99% of the time is not up to that specific job at hand, so you have to use another with more plugins.

I'm reasonably well versed with avisynth myself and vdub. The filters incorporated are adequate for most in Avidemux. I would prefer some automated detection of interlaced sources, because unless the users are competent most will mess it up with the scripts/filters and their parameters. I'm not sure if vdf scripts can be ported over that easily. Maybe some can!

DavidGP

Quote from: johnywhy on January 23, 2018, 11:12:37 PMis it possible to use VirtualDub filters in Avidemux?

Same question here...

Are (some) VirtualDub filters compatible with Avidemux?

Thanks heaps for experiences.

butterw

Not directly.

But Avidemux filters are C++ dll plugins. If source code is available for the Virtualdub filter, I guess it may be possible to port the filter to Avidemux.

What specific Virtualdub filters where you interested in ?