Author Topic: Author Topic: Avidemux instructions for "dummies"  (Read 306 times)

oshihari

Author Topic: Avidemux instructions for "dummies"
« on: May 17, 2018, 07:59:54 AM »
I'm absolutely new to video editing (including lossless trimming) & Avidemux too. I found the understanding of the basics and principles obviously hard and really got the impression that the help tutorials for Avidemux were geared towards those who at least knew something about the subject already , & I especially found the concepts of things like container formats, codecs, how and why certain formats can be exchanged & repackaged (and why some can't) quite hard to realise and understand. I'm thinking that it would of been great to have had a help section just for absolute beginners who know nothing about it all, with the basic essential concepts explained, and written in a way that an absolute beginner can understand. It would be a shame if absolute beginners were put off by how complex it can seem at 1st and never got to realise how great & powerful this piece of software really is.

eumagga0x2a

Re: Author Topic: Avidemux instructions for "dummies"
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 02:24:55 PM »
This is the natural gap between those who know the subject and don't understand beginners and beginners who know their needs but don't understand the subject. I hope that beginners with sufficient ambition will feed a search engine of their choice with terms they don't know yet (and in this way turn into advanced users). Ideed, Wiki hasn't got much attention since ages and the outlook is steadily grim.