How to start and use avidemux on client pc after installing on centos6.

Started by worldwideuser, June 05, 2018, 03:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

worldwideuser

Hello,

I have isntalled Avidemux 2.6.12 on centos6 server and now I wonder how to start avidemux and actually use it on my clint pc.

Can anyone please teach me the process of doing it?

eumagga0x2a

I think you better install Avidemux on the client unless you are going to use the CLI interface (and common + CLI plugins) only. By the way, 2.6.12 is ancient.

eumagga0x2a

worldwideuser

Thanks, eumagga0x2a

Actually, I'm trying to develop a platform on centos 6 where user can upload and edit video file by using avidemux from their pc. So I have to install avidemux on centos6.

The below is my current environment, and what version of avidemux would you recommend for me to install on centos6 then?

Plesk 17.0.17
ffmpeg version 2.2.2
php-devel
PECL imagick

eumagga0x2a

Unless all users will access the server from within the local network (and even then the link must be insanely fast for HD video) I can't imagine Avidemux in any version fitting your goals.

worldwideuser

Thanks, eumagga0x2a,

Great notice.

So does each user have to install avidemux on his or her pc in this case?

Are there any video editing software that would suit my goal which is that users in the world can access to my platform via web and use the video editing software that is installed on the centos server from each user's client pc, so that he or she does not have to install video editing software on his or her own client pc?

Just like youtube has.

eumagga0x2a

No idea, honestly. Of course, users can install Avidemux on their systems and use it independently from any platforms and external services, this is the reason to use Avidemux in the first place :-)

By the way, Centos 6 is classified as unsupported by Centos.

worldwideuser

Thanks, eumagga0x2a

I wonder why avidemux can be installed on linux then.

Isn't it just because anyone can use it via web?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: worldwideuser on June 05, 2018, 05:57:40 PM
I wonder why avidemux can be installed on linux then.

Isn't it just because anyone can use it via web?

No, a considerable number of people including myself use Linux distributions as their main desktop operating system. Linux is the main build and development platform for Avidemux (also all Windows builds except of internal builds for debug purposes are cross-compiled on Linux).

worldwideuser

Thanks, eumagga0x2a

I appreciate your time and effort.

Now, I have to find another way to accomplish my goal by either looking for new video editing software or building some kind of system where users in the world can access the video editing software from their pc.

Like I said , just like youtube does.

Any recommendation from the professional perspective?