News:

--

Main Menu

Bug new version 2.7.1

Started by heru, June 10, 2018, 07:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heru

Hello,

Since the new version, when I erase a sequence in a video, I have a succession of jerk when I move back frame by frame.

I am on Windows 10 x64.

After reinstalling the 2.7.0, more bug ...

That's it, for my return ..

Good Sunday.

eumagga0x2a

Please define "a succession of jerk".

As a rule, when you delete a portion of video between keyframes A and B, the last playback position is equal B. After deletion, Avidemux tries to keep the last displayed image of the video, in this case the keyframe at B. To go to a previous image, Avidemux has to find the previous keyframe which is now the last keyframe before A and decode the full GOP until the image with the highest presentation timestamp still below B pops out. Depending on the GOP length, this may be very time consuming, so it is technically impossible to provide a smooth frame-by-frame navigation backward.

Jan Gruuthuse

Remove existing .idx2 files for the used video filenames before loading the video if these exist!
Try with keyboard up/down arrow only and see if playing preview is running smoothly. Could be something going on with indexing?

heru

Hello !

No matter the settings, since when I'm under the old version of avidemux, no bug ..

Thanks anyway.

eumagga0x2a

I think I could reproduce the bug. It has nothing to do with deleting a sequence in a video. Starting playback, stopping it and moving back frame by frame a couple of times (or just once) suffices. After that, frames are output in wrong order. This is a regression from 2.7.0. Will look into the issue, thanks.

eumagga0x2a

I know now which particular optimization caused the bug, but not why. Will be fixed soon.

eumagga0x2a

heru

Thank you very much !

I will test with version 2.7.1_r180625

Have a good day.

heru

Impeccable eumagga, that was it.

Thank you for the answer.

Good continuation.  8)