News:

--

Main Menu

Request (sort of) -- on ADM... 2.5.6 (!)

Started by hiro, June 23, 2018, 03:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiro

Hi,

For 'some (.avi) reason', I'm still using ADM 2.5.6 quite often – along with 2.7.1;

but, being totally unable to program (anything) as 'well' as compiling, could someone provide a hint on how to disable the 'H.264 detected...' msg./window, when dropping such videos?

Why? Because that window becomes no less than tedious, after while (i.e. when dropping tons of clips).

I know it's been asked & answered before: 'no more development'... Now, if some trick (including a 'lousy'n'dirty tweak') could be applied, I'd sure appreciate it!

[ Hate is awaiting me. I can feel it! ]

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: hiro on June 23, 2018, 03:38:47 PM
For 'some (.avi) reason', I'm still using ADM 2.5.6

No hate, but what is the reason? What is missing in 2.7.1+ for you?

Quotebeing totally unable to program (anything) as 'well' as compiling

I can't build 2.5.x too, so all fixes or improvements can go into 2.7+ only.

hiro

Quote from: hiro on June 23, 2018, 03:38:47 PM(...) what is the reason? What is missing in 2.7.1+ for you?

2.6.x & even 2.7.0 won't 'navigate' into AVC H.264... .AVIs: cursor is stuck — while 2.5.6 does. And so does 2.7.1.

'AVC H.264 .avis' = 'THE bad idea'; I know.

BUT, at least, e.g. old 'Sony Vegas' versions accept AVC vids that way – very simply (no 'frame serving' complications etc.).

Difficult to fit ± 'personal' reasons in few words but, in short: I happen to help many people, friends, etc. – even less 'advanced' than me, if possible – who use OLD PCs;

2.7.1 being new, I won't convince them all – easily – to switch to new methods*, at least until I test that v° in old machines...

and that'll take quite a while.

[ * Neither to buy a recent PC. ]

Precision (if not clear yet): years ago, I had them switch back to 2.5.6 (aside 2.6.x), to scroll those AVC .avis;

now or in the past few months, I have observed that 2.5.6 is still in use in their PCs, as they find it handy (in that case, of course); but complain about the window...

eumagga0x2a

Okay, as 2.7.1 offers a hack to reconstruct PTS lost by saving H.264 or HEVC in AVI and thus make such a video seekable, we have found out that there is no reason to call for a revival of a corpse (2.5.x), thank you :-)