News:

--

Main Menu

Avidemux will not start in Vista

Started by mapman1967, June 24, 2018, 06:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mapman1967

Hi,

My computer crashed so I had to re install everything, now Avidemux will not start. please see crash report below

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
Application Name:   avidemux.exe
Application Version:   2.7.1.49532
Application Timestamp:   5b14c916
Fault Module Name:   avidemux.exe
Fault Module Version:   2.7.1.49532
Fault Module Timestamp:   5b14c916
Exception Code:   c0000005
Exception Offset:   00084ee2
OS Version:   6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID:   2057
Additional Information 1:   fd00
Additional Information 2:   ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3:   fd00
Additional Information 4:   ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Any help would be greatly appreciated

eumagga0x2a

Did you check that the md5sum of the Avidemux installer matches? Such severe crashes are often results of hardware failures. In this case re-installing the OS won't fix things for long.

The Windows crash report is useless, but the Avidemux log (%localappdata%\avidemux\admlog.txt) might be helpful, but really check the integrity of the installer first.

mapman1967

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on June 24, 2018, 08:05:09 AM
Did you check that the md5sum of the Avidemux installer matches? Such severe crashes are often results of hardware failures. In this case re-installing the OS won't fix things for long.

The Windows crash report is useless, but the Avidemux log (%localappdata%\avidemux\admlog.txt) might be helpful, but really check the integrity of the installer first.

Hi, thanks for your help..I checked the md5sum and it matches what the website says it should be. Under localappdata I do not have a folder called avidemux? in your opinion what type of hardware failure could cause this program to stop running?

eumagga0x2a

If the folder has not been created, then the crash happens very early in Avidemux startup process.

I'm not proficient in hardware, and there is not exactly a lot of information about the issue that forced you to reinstall the operating system. It may be related to faulty mass storage including cables, faulty RAM or even to power supply.

Anyway, I don't think that Avidemux might be responsible for this access violation crash.

AQUAR

Some things to try:
Maybe run the installer with admin rights.
Unpack a nightly and copy the contents to a user created folder (eg C:\Avidemux) then run avidemux as a portable.

To run as a portable just rename avidemux.exe to avidemux_portable.exe and execute it.