News:

--

Main Menu

Movie title inserting overlay

Started by moonwalker7, June 06, 2018, 05:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonwalker7

i have the movie Oblivion (2013) and its in 2:35 aspect and its ( perfect ) , but recently i found an Open Matte version of this movie which i love the full screen approach of it, however the Main title of the open matte version of the movie oblivion is in Russian @ about 4mins 05seconds into the movie ) , so what i want to do is take the English Title off my 2:35 version and overlay it or replace it , the area around the title is pretty much all Black , so cropping the left and right of the 2:35 version will work perfectly to do what i want . is there any way i can do this with avidemux ,  or is there another program that can perform cutting and joining a video whilst only re-enecoding those parts or if not then re-encode the whole movie.

thanks.

eumagga0x2a

Taking the English title - "Save as Image" --> "Save as JPEG" in Avidemux and cropping the image with an image editor (e.g. GIMP). Overlaying it: "Add Logo" filter in Avidemux. You will have to reencode the entire video in Avidemux though.

moonwalker7

thanks ill give that a try ,
the video is big enough to re-encode so it should still be a good quality output after I'm done , if i have any issues ill get back to you. will try this weekend if i have time to do it then.

moonwalker7

Quote from: moonwalker7 on June 20, 2018, 06:37:47 AM
thanks ill give that a try ,
the video is big enough to re-encode so it should still be a good quality output after I'm done , if i have any issues ill get back to you. will try this weekend if i have time to do it then.

hi thanks for that info , it worked perfect first go . can i also insert a video file as well like that or just image files only.

eumagga0x2a

You can append a video, then cut and paste it elsewhere in the video.