Problem with filters for subtitles on Avidemux 2.7

Started by StackLef, July 20, 2018, 03:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StackLef

I have installed Avidemux 2.7.0 on Linux Mint 18.1 Mate. The problem is that on filter for subtitles i have not option for color and position of subtitles.
These options i know that have the Avidemux. What is the matter if anybody know? I am sending the screenshot.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: StackLef on July 20, 2018, 03:42:04 PM
I have installed Avidemux 2.7.0 on Linux Mint 18.1 Mate.

2.7.0 is very old, please either build yourself from the current git master (preferable) or use the latest appImage. At worst, resort to the latest release (2.7.1).

QuoteThe problem is that on filter for subtitles i have not option for color and position of subtitles.
These options i know that have the Avidemux.

You do can set the top and bottom margin. What concerns the color, I can't rule out that Avidemux 2.5 had such an option in the GUI of the subtitle plugin, but it is not present in 2.6 and later. You should use a subtitle editor like Aegisub or just a text editor to specify the colors manually (have a look at lines starting with "Style:" in the sample .ass file attached by Jan in https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,18402.msg84498.html#msg84498).

StackLef

Thank you very much. Just i have install on $indows the 2.5 version to try and have these futures.
It's possible to install this version to Linux Mint 18? and how?

eumagga0x2a

I have no idea whether 2.5.6 still compiles. It is a legacy, obsolete application, incompatible with modern video codecs. Use Aegisub to set the colors in the .ass file to your liking if you don't feel comfortable with a text editor for this purpose.

StackLef

Thank you. The Aegisub in .ass file make edit color and position of subtitles.