News:

--

Main Menu

Testing ffmpeg4x

Started by Jan Gruuthuse, July 21, 2018, 06:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eumagga0x2a

I installed Ubuntu Bionic from the most recent daily image in a VM using gnome-boxes, installed git, cloned the Avidemux git repo, checked out ffmpeg4x branch, ran

bash createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash --deps-only

installed the nv-codec-headers from git, libass-dev, liba52-0.7.4-dev, libmad0-dev, libmp4v2-dev, patched cmake/admCheckNvEnc.cmake and ran

bash bootStrap.bash --prefix=/usr/local --with-system-libass --with-system-liba52 --with-system-libmad --with-system-libmp4v2

which succeeded impeccably. The resulting Avidemux build runs fine.

Jan Gruuthuse

update: your post above, July 22, 2018, 07:55:43 PM, just appeared.

c5dfbb2            [ffmpeg] Update to 4.0.2, update the patch for h263dec.c to apply without offset
~/avidemux2$ git branch
Quote* ffmpeg4x
  master

~/avidemux2$ git apply -v cmake-ffnvcodec-local.patch
QuoteChecking patch cmake/admCheckNvEnc.cmake...
Applied patch cmake/admCheckNvEnc.cmake cleanly.

build avidemux:
Quote-- Build files have been written to: /home/jan/avidemux2/buildCore
** Failed at make, result in /tmp/logbuildCore**
forwarded

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on July 22, 2018, 07:55:43 PM
I installed Ubuntu Bionic from the most recent daily image in a VM using gnome-boxes, installed git, cloned the Avidemux git repo, checked out ffmpeg4x branch, ran

bash createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash --deps-only

installed the nv-codec-headers from git, libass-dev, liba52-0.7.4-dev, libmad0-dev, libmp4v2-dev, patched cmake/admCheckNvEnc.cmake and ran

bash bootStrap.bash --prefix=/usr/local --with-system-libass --with-system-liba52 --with-system-libmad --with-system-libmp4v2

which succeeded impeccably. The resulting Avidemux build runs fine.
Quote-- Build files have been written to: /home/jan/avidemux2/buildCore
** Failed at make, result in /tmp/logbuildCore**

eumagga0x2a

The log is obviously unchanged. My last post implied that the build failure you see doesn't happen on a clean up-to-date Ubuntu 18.04 install. Do you have old Avidemux headers still installed somewhere in the system? Please remove them prior to running bootstrap script. I would also remove Ubuntu universe provided ffmpeg headers (libpostproc-dev, libavcodec-dev, libswresample-dev etc.) if they are installed on your system.

eumagga0x2a

Please try the attached patch.

diff --git a/cmake/admFFmpegUtil.cmake b/cmake/admFFmpegUtil.cmake
index e34d93b62..3f113d1e2 100755
--- a/cmake/admFFmpegUtil.cmake
+++ b/cmake/admFFmpegUtil.cmake
@@ -76,7 +76,7 @@ MACRO (registerFFmpeg sourceDir binaryDir installed)
add_custom_target(libavcodec DEPENDS "${binaryDir}/libavcodec/${LIBAVCODEC_LIB}")
add_custom_target(libavformat DEPENDS "${binaryDir}/libavformat/${LIBAVFORMAT_LIB}")
add_custom_target(libavutil DEPENDS "${binaryDir}/libavutil/${LIBAVUTIL_LIB}")
- add_custom_target(libpostproc DEPENDS "${binaryDir}/libpostproc/${LIBAVPOSTPROC_LIB}")
+ add_custom_target(libpostproc DEPENDS "${binaryDir}/libpostproc/${LIBPOSTPROC_LIB}")
add_custom_target(libswscale DEPENDS "${binaryDir}/libswscale/${LIBSWSCALE_LIB}")
add_custom_target(ffmpeg DEPENDS "${binaryDir}/ffmpeg${CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_SUFFIX}")

Jan Gruuthuse

Big time shortage, and getting worse next months, probably not getting at this stage.

eumagga0x2a

It's a pity. I've pushed the patch to the branch as is.