option to save image as : adding the timecode to the filename

Started by JB, August 25, 2018, 04:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB

Hi,

is there an easy way (with scripting or else) to  automatically  append the timecode to the filename when exporting a jpg snapshot? i made an autohotkey script for windows to ease the snapshoting but i only auto increment the file version number and i would like to improve that part. any ideas?

or do i have to go the full c++ way?

eumagga0x2a

Why not using FFmpeg for this purpose? Avidemux is helpful when you need to see and hear what happens in a movie at given time to find most suitable locations e.g. for cuts or when you need to copy and paste a portion of video elsewhere etc. For uniform, scriptable tasks FFmpeg is better IMVHO.

JB

Because i tried what you say and it is not efficient for me. I tried other tools with a visual interface over ffmepg and avidemux was the best for what i want (extract stills and sequences very fast). So i was very happy to find avidemux but i now want more. Some new use cases have shown up like having the time code in the filename (as in vlc). I had hopes with the scripting option of avidemux but it seems it affect only the automatization process and not the user interface but i may be wrong. I guess i have to look more in autohotkey options or go back to my c++ books and install a compiler, with holidays ending it may have to wait ;)

eumagga0x2a

Just in case, you are aware of Ctrl+Shift+C shortcut to copy the PTS of the currently displayed frame to clipboard, aren't you?

JB

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on September 01, 2018, 03:46:01 PM
Just in case, you are aware of Ctrl+Shift+C shortcut to copy the PTS of the currently displayed frame to clipboard, aren't you?

Holy sh.., i spent a few hours yesterday to find that it"s very difficult or very expensive to make autohotkey (or autoit) to interact with QT framework based apps like adm or vlc and then google leads me back to this topic and i find your answer and now it"s a breeze to solve my problem. Thank you eumagga0x2a.

One question remains, how could i have known that shortcut?

JB

Obviously  :)

Maybe it would be a nice addition to the doc on the official site to put a list of all the available shortcuts for the people like me that do not have the idea to search in the github repo because if we have to guess the possible shortcut, it"s a bit weird.

eumagga0x2a

The release changelog is packaged with the Avidemux Windows installer and the user is prompted by the installer to read it once the install is completed.

The Wiki is virtually unmaintained, unfortunately.

JB

So if you start with 2.7.1 you have zero chance to have this info in case you read the changelog which i doubt basic user does.

is there somewhere a list of the shortcuts or do i have to parse the source code hoping there is no typo in the comments?

eumagga0x2a

Unfortunately, the resources are so scarce that the best way to get something done, especially concerning documentation, is to do it yourself. I agree that this one shortcut is utterly non-discoverable. Almost all other shortcuts are displayed in the GUI (except of the 1/2/4 seconds seek shortcuts).

JB

Fortunately i don't need much for now and my needs are covered (thanks again for the shortcut) but it"s tough for the newcomer having to guess what the tool can offer.

And now en route to  new posts to ask for new things and unanticiped behaviors. ;)

kittmaster

Quote from: JB on September 28, 2018, 04:42:10 PMFortunately i don't need much for now and my needs are covered (thanks again for the shortcut) but it"s tough for the newcomer having to guess what the tool can offer.

And now en route to  new posts to ask for new things and unanticiped behaviors. ;)

I have this same question, and found the shortcut here, the question I have is, is there a way to have the timecode automatically loaded when the image is saved without having to manually copy and paste it? I have a job that is a few hundred frames to capture, it will be laborious. Any thoughts?

Thanks.