Author Topic: What happened with the "Reverse" filter?  (Read 191 times)

pitoloko

What happened with the "Reverse" filter?
« on: October 08, 2018, 03:53:37 PM »
Hi. I'm in the need to reverse a video, for this I searched for tutorials on Youtube and I ended seeying how to do this through a filter with name "Reverse" in old versions of AviDemix (2.5.x), however, in the version 2.7.1 I don't have any Reverse filter in the transform filters... why the filter is not included in this AviDemux version?.

I can manually add this filter in some way, like for example extracting it from an old AviDemux version, and I can expect it will work fine?.

Also I seen this can be done with AviSynth, I have AviSynth+ installed but I don't get how/where to apply this script in AviDemux or any other editor...

AviSource("video.mp4")
Reverse()
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 04:01:49 PM by pitoloko »

eumagga0x2a

Re: What happened with the "Reverse" filter?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 06:14:54 AM »
however, in the version 2.7.1 I don't have any Reverse filter in the transform filters... why the filter is not included in this AviDemux version?.

This filter is not compatible with the post-2.5.x video filter API in Avidemux, e.g. it is not possible to query the total number of pictures in the video.

I can manually add this filter in some way, like for example extracting it from an old AviDemux version, and I can expect it will work fine?

This task would require probably deep changes to the Avidemux core code, thus no. It is not done by copying a binary file from A to B.

For short snippets of video, you could use the "reverse" filter in FFmpeg: https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#reverse