News:

--

Main Menu

What happened with the "Reverse" filter?

Started by pitoloko, October 08, 2018, 03:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitoloko

Hi. I'm in the need to reverse a video, for this I searched for tutorials on Youtube and I ended seeying how to do this through a filter with name "Reverse" in old versions of AviDemix (2.5.x), however, in the version 2.7.1 I don't have any Reverse filter in the transform filters... why the filter is not included in this AviDemux version?.

I can manually add this filter in some way, like for example extracting it from an old AviDemux version, and I can expect it will work fine?.

Also I seen this can be done with AviSynth, I have AviSynth+ installed but I don't get how/where to apply this script in AviDemux or any other editor...

AviSource("video.mp4")
Reverse()

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: pitoloko on October 08, 2018, 03:53:37 PM
however, in the version 2.7.1 I don't have any Reverse filter in the transform filters... why the filter is not included in this AviDemux version?.

This filter is not compatible with the post-2.5.x video filter API in Avidemux, e.g. it is not possible to query the total number of pictures in the video.

QuoteI can manually add this filter in some way, like for example extracting it from an old AviDemux version, and I can expect it will work fine?

This task would require probably deep changes to the Avidemux core code, thus no. It is not done by copying a binary file from A to B.

For short snippets of video, you could use the "reverse" filter in FFmpeg: https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#reverse