News:

--

Main Menu

fatal error in opening .wmv

Started by anctop, October 18, 2018, 02:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anctop

Dear all,

I am writing to report a fatal error encountered when opening a .wmv file.

My system is Win-7 64-bit, Avidemux version 2.7.1 build r180929_win64Qt5_538.
Default values are kept for Avidemux preferences.

The target file is an old .wmv file created some years ago (see attachment "01.jpg" for file properties).

When opening the .wmv file with Avidemux, a fatal error appears (see attachments "02a.jpg", "02b.jpg", "03.jpg").

Is there any solution to the problem ?

eumagga0x2a

Please provide a sample video which allows to reproduce this crash. There are known issues with very big (>=4 GiB) .wmv files, but this file is obviously not that big.

QuoteIs there any solution to the problem ?

With the information available, it is impossible to assess what the problem is (apart from that it leads to a crash).

anctop

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on October 18, 2018, 07:27:57 AM
Please provide a sample video which allows to reproduce this crash. There are known issues with very big (>=4 GiB) .wmv files, but this file is obviously not that big.

The size of that file is 4.5MB, but this already exceeds the limit of 192KB for attachments.
How can I submit the sample ?

With the information available, it is impossible to assess what the problem is (apart from that it leads to a crash).

"Windows Media Player" can play it without problem.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: anctop on October 18, 2018, 08:04:34 AM
The size of that file is 4.5MB, but this already exceeds the limit of 192KB for attachments.
How can I submit the sample ?

Please use a service like WeTransfer, Mega, Dropbox, Google Drive or similar.

"Windows Media Player" can play it without problem.

This indicates that the file is not corrupted, but doesn't help to locate the problem.

eumagga0x2a

Thank you for the sample, I can reproduce the crash.

eumagga0x2a