Where are the "Swap fields" and "PAL field shift" filters?

Started by doangu, October 24, 2018, 10:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doangu

I'm trying to fix an old interlaced DVB-T recording, so I need those filters... They're mentioned on the Wiki but apparently not available in 2.7.1. Tried the AppImage first, then compiled from source but even though the source files are there, the filters are still missing?

Have these filters been replaced by some other way of manipulating field order?

As a last resort, what's the best de-interlacing filter that AviDemux provides?

eumagga0x2a

These filters were incompatible with the Avidemux 2.6 design, there is no replacement. The source is kept for reference, it can't be compiled with the current Avidemux API. The Wiki is hopelessly outdated.

Would you please specify what is wrong with the recoding you are trying to fix? If you still have the original TS file, please remember to delete the old .idx2 index file as the field order in the index was wrong in earlier versions of Avidemux (it is also wrong in the index files generated by the MPEG-PS demuxer and is swapped automatically when reading the index).

If you have a recent NVIDIA graphics card, you may try the VDPAU deinterlacer with doubled FPS. Otherwise use Yadif.

doangu

Thanks for your reply. Are you saying that no replacements are possible for 2.6+, or that no-one has had the need or time to port or rewrite them?

It's a TS file but edited a few years ago, probably using Avidemux, to cut out and append two segments of the original. There's no old index file. I've tried making a DVD of it but it has horrible interlace artefacts.

I'm going to try again with 2.5.6, which has the filters available - if that doesn't work out I'll go with yadif.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: doangu on October 26, 2018, 10:33:04 AM
Are you saying that no replacements are possible for 2.6+, or that no-one has had the need or time to port or rewrite them?

Filters in the folder without "6" at the end of the name rely on interfaces not provided by the core anymore. Some filters have replacements, most of them not. Quality patches are welcome.

QuoteIt's a TS file but edited a few years ago, probably using Avidemux, to cut out and append two segments of the original. There's no old index file. I've tried making a DVD of it but it has horrible interlace artefacts.

Could you please provide a small (about 100 MiB) part of this TS file as a sample via WeTransfer, Mega, Dropbox, Google Drive or a similar service to explore the options?

However, if the original video was interlaced and then resized without prior deinterlacing, the result is hopelessly ruined.

doangu

It's the original size (704x576). Thanks for offering to have a look at it but apparently it was fixed using the 'shift' filter on 2.5.6. I'm going to test on an actual DVD player to be sure.