audio full of noise after conversion from wmv to avi

Started by tomek_24, November 13, 2018, 09:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomek_24

Hi
I think I suffer problem described here:
http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/doc/en/input.xml.html:
After saving the audio is full of noise (WMA)
WMA needs custom muxing problem. Look at the blockalign value in the console (generally 373 or 768)
Enter that value as bytes per packet in file -> mux options.

I don't understand what I can do above.
I have wmv file which I converted to avi (audio output was set only to copy). After that I checked with secondary tool that audio format in my output avi file is the same like in wmv file:
64 kb/s, 48 kHz, 16 bitów, 2 channels, WMA (version 2)
Unfortunately audio is full of noise in avi file.
If I choose during conversion wmv to avi audio output filter AAC then there is none problem with audio in my output avi file. I checked with secondary tool that audio format in this case is:
128kb/s 48kHz, 2 channels, AAC LC

Unfortunately I cannot repeat conversion wmv to avi with AAC filter, because I actually did this work for tens of wmv files (cutting scenes) with audio output copy. So this would be a lot of effort to cut once again scenes (mark begin frame, end etc) and repeat all of that (10-20 hours). Is there anything I can do with my corrupted avi files to be able to correct audio?
As far as video is concerned everything is OK, there is only problem with audio full of noise.
I know it is my fault because after converting first file I should check not only if video is playing but also audio, but I did this after I finished all the work and I was surprised that there is problem with audio.

Thanks in advance for help.

eumagga0x2a

Please provide a source .wmv file as a sample via WeTransfer, Mega, Dropbox, Google Drive or similar service.

tomek_24

Here is original sample wmv file:
uploadfiles.io/kryi6
Here is after conversion to avi with audio output copy:
uploadfiles.io/tn6p9
where audio is full of noise at least on my PC.
Thanks in advance for help.

Sorry for links without http prefix, but system show me msg that my post is spam.

eumagga0x2a

Thank you for the sample, I can reproduce the issue. You can't do much now other than resorting to ffmpeg. I can't promise that I'll be able to fix it (and for sure not soon).

Any Avidemux documentation currently available (apart from the source code) is utterly outdated and mostly irrelevant or not applicable.

tomek_24

What do You mean by resorting to ffmpeg?
Generally for me the output format is no matter, I chose avi as I couldn't cut movie to mp4.
Now the question is if I can do something with my avi files in order not to cut once again scenes from original wmv files.
For example I can try to convert my avi files to other format in which audio will start to work. By resorting to ffmpeg do You mean trying to convert to other format my avi files? If You could provide short steps which I can do with my avi files I would be grateful (for example use tool A to do sthm X, use tool B to do sthm Y etc).

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: tomek_24 on November 16, 2018, 08:27:28 AM
What do You mean by resorting to ffmpeg?

You can use ffmpeg to remux source wmv files without re-encoding to avi:

ffmpeg -i original.wmv -c copy remuxed-by-ffmpeg.avi

The resulting avi is playable (and presumably editable) with audio in Avidemux.

QuoteGenerally for me the output format is no matter, I chose avi as I couldn't cut movie to mp4.

Sure, nothing else will accept Windows Media. If you are going to re-encode to H.264/AAC anyway e.g. for compatibility with mobile devices, then you can perform all necessary steps in Avidemux (if the original video is interlaced, please always think of adding a deinterlacing filter like yadif as the first filter in the chain when not in copy mode).

QuoteNow the question is if I can do something with my avi files

No. I fear, the audio is broken beyond repair. At least neither ffmpeg nor Avidemux are capable of doing anything meaningful with the existing audio track. You are lucky if you have not deleted the source wmv files.