News:

--

Main Menu

Help with appimage jobs

Started by rastafari90, November 13, 2018, 10:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rastafari90

Greetings!

I apologize for being a noob, but I recently started using linux. Since avidemux gets updated so often I don't want to install it using unofficial ppa repositories. I downloaded the latest nightly appimage and the question is following:

I can execute the appimage through a file manager or the terminal, it works normally. What I wish to know is how to access the jobs after I queue them. I hope someone would be kind enough to give me some pointers. Thanks in advance!

I use the latest Kubuntu distro

eumagga0x2a

You need to build Avidemux from source (which is trivial), the official appImage doesn't include the avidemux3_jobs executable.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git
git clone https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2.git
cd avidemux2
bash createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash --deps-only
bash bootStrap.bash

Once built, you don't even need to install Avidemux in order to be able to run it.

rastafari90

Thank you for the fast reply. I just hoped I could somehow call the jobs from inside the appimage. Regarding the build I assume I don't need to add the --qt5 --qt5-plugins or --gtk options correct?

And again, thank you for your help

eumagga0x2a

Actually, in my recommendation to run Avidemux compiled from the git master as portable, I missed the main purpose – to be able to run a fully functional jobs management GUI. As of now, you would still need to install Avidemux for that. Replace

bash bootStrap.bash

with

bash bootStrap.bash --prefix=/usr/local

and copy the content of the install/usr/ folder over /usr/local

cd install/usr
sudo cp -r local /usr/
sudo ldconfig

If you install -dev packages for libass, libmad, libmp4v2 and liba52, you can use system libs for these plugins instead of compiling the bundled versions, which inflates the size of the Avidemux binaries. See

bash bootStrap.bash --help

for --with-system-* options. No "plugin", "qt" or "gtk" options necessary.

For repeated builds (e.g. after pulling in the latest code changes), add the --rebuild option to keep the build directories from earlier builds in order to speed up the build process.

rastafari90

Will do. Thank you again, I appreciate it.

Cheers