MP4 Video Freeze During playback after export...

Started by Exorcist, December 31, 2018, 02:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Exorcist on January 05, 2019, 03:50:03 AM
[...] The version of AVIDEMUX at the office computer is 2.6.13.

[...] or 2.6.15

I just wonder, why would people stick to really old versions? Basically, even the 2.7.1 release is very outdated.

QuoteOne of the theoretical benefits of using MS HYPERLAPSE as opposed to a standard hyperlapse function is it's ability to create a more clean path (so to speak) and result in less choppy imagery.

This may be an important surplus value you usually pay for with worse visual quality.

The playback of the sample is fine for me. It is retrieving individual frames which results in garbage starting at some point.

QuoteAny thoughts as to why -at the very least- one file would behave properly in AVIDEMUX on the office computer but won't on the other computers?

I'm curious too. Maybe we use in some cases uninitialized memory somewhere in the Mp4 demuxer.

eumagga0x2a

Fixed on the ffmpeg4x branch. Thank you for your report.

Exorcist

QuoteI just wonder, why would people stick to really old versions? Basically, even the 2.7.1 release is very outdated

It was used for a short while but not very often. I had it installed back in 2016 when I was creating the hyperlapse files. It sat in the corner collecting digital dust bunnies.:)

QuoteThis may be an important surplus value you usually pay for with worse visual quality.

True, I created a hyperlapse video via AVIDEMUX and it really is difficult to watch. With "action videos" there's far too much jerking and motion to use a standard hyperlapse.

QuoteI'm curious too. Maybe we use in some cases uninitialized memory somewhere in the Mp4 demuxer.

I can upload the file if it would be of interest to you.

I truly appreciate your time and effort.

Exorcist

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on January 05, 2019, 02:55:57 PM
Fixed on the ffmpeg4x branch. Thank you for your report.

Does this mean that in the next nightly build this will be resolved?

Thank you for your time, effort and patience. :)

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Exorcist on January 05, 2019, 07:33:39 PM
Does this mean that in the next nightly build this will be resolved?

Yes, it does. The magic of uninterrupted playback working despite wrong offsets in the index from 2 GiB on has been removed by the following commit as well. We didn't check whether the seek had succeeded and went on reading the file, which worked because MS Hyperloop Hyperlapse stuffed the entire video in a single huge chunk, so strictly sequential reads without any seek in-between resulted in correct data fed to the decoder.

QuoteThank you for your time, effort and patience. :)

You're welcome.