News:

--

Main Menu

reversing a video without loosing qualiity ?

Started by pomme, January 11, 2019, 05:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pomme

hello i'm new here !

i downloaded this soft it looks nice but i have some issues, first i want to say that i don't know anything about coders and stuff so it may be the problem,

i have a mp4 video that i edited, i read that i should use a lossless coders to don't loose quality,i used HuffYUV (as i read it's lossless) but the problem is when i use this coder the option to play the video in reverse is not there, so i wanted to know if there is a way to play it in reverse without loosing quality ? another coder or any tips ?

and another thing i remember i was not able to exporting the video in its native extension, i had to choose .avi, mp4 wasn't working maybe it is because of the coder i don't know, does it matter for the video quality if the extension format is changing ?

thank you for your help !

eumagga0x2a

It is impossible to reverse a video with Avidemux.

HuffYUV is not compatible with the mp4 container so that you have to choose between MKV and AVI. Only the codec / codec settings matter for the video quality, but some containers like AVI are incompatible with modern codecs like H.264 and HEVC at least when the presentation order of frames differs from the stream order (i.e. if the video contains B-frames).

fish

If I was trying to do this in Avidemux I would either convert the video to the HuffYUV using the avi container in v2.7 and then use the reverse filter in Avidemux v2.5.6 to produce  the reversed video or just use Avidemux v2.5.6 to produce the reversed HuffYUV video from the original, whichever works best. Whatever version you use to produce the HuffYUV video, I would also use to produce a forward playing version, if you are going to edit them together in some way. I think I have noticed differences in the HuffYUV  that v2.7 produces compared to v2.5.6.