Author Topic: Drag and drop append appears to be broken.  (Read 104 times)

fish

Drag and drop append appears to be broken.
« on: January 20, 2019, 06:51:18 AM »
I have just tried appending 3 mp4 files with 'avidemux_r190108_win64Qt5_13' and 'avidemux_r190118_win64Qt5_18' both fail to append the files. The last old 'major' release appends them successfully. Does anyone else see this, I'm on Win7 Pro 64bit.

edit. I tried again using 'avidemux_r190118_win64Qt5_18' but this time using File>Append in the drop down menu and that works ok, so the solution I suppose is use that. I remember a while back someone was grumbling about drag and drop append for some reason I can't recall. Has this drag and drop function been removed?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 07:10:14 AM by fish »

eumagga0x2a

Re: Drag and drop append appears to be broken.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 11:19:27 AM »
No changes for drag-n-drop-to-append intended, WFM with a build containing a fix for the issue mentioned in https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,18574.0.html. Any non-ASCII characters in file names?

fish

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 11:35:34 AM »
No, all the names were very ordinary English and short. When dragging and dropping, the first file loads, the following two don't and the export is just the first file. The avidemux zip file is simply unzipped to a folder using 'checkout' and launched from the 'avidemux.exe' file. Could that be causing a problem? Can you reproduce what I see with 3 small mp4's?

eumagga0x2a

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 11:40:10 AM »
I didn't try with more than two files yet (the first one loaded using File --> Open and the second one drag-n-dropped onto Avidemux window), which worked fine exporting both in a single video. I'll recheck with multiple source videos.

fish

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 12:00:07 PM »
I also tried what you did ie loaded the first file using  File>Open and dragged/dropped the other two. Only the first one loaded and saved. I also tried with just two files, with the same result. Dragging/dropping all three does work fine with the last main release version.

eumagga0x2a

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 01:11:37 PM »
I can't reproduce it with my local mingw builds off the ffmpeg4x branch, drag-n-dropping 4 files loads the first one and appends the remaining 3, saving the video exports all 4 in a single video. Tested also with file names containing CJK and cyrillic characters.

Please recheck once new official nightlies become available.