2.7.3 - 2.7.5 Avidemux becomes unresponsive for 4s after playback started

Started by OutOfSpace, September 05, 2019, 11:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: OutOfSpace on September 06, 2019, 11:36:33 AM
"Decode video using DXVA2 (windows)" was never enabled.

Your screencast proves the opposite.

QuoteI have not tried uninstalling WindowBlinds. That would have required a restart which I couldn't do at the time. However unloading WindowBlinds removes all the hooks from the system so uninstalling should not be necessary. If you really want me to try uninstalling it, I can do that later.

Yes, please, try uninstalling WindowBlinds completely.

OutOfSpace

Oh my bad you're right. I didn't remember enabling it and it was disabled when I checked so I assumed I had never enabled it in the first place. The issue happens whether or not DXVA2 decoding is enabled and even when WindowBlinds is uninstalled.

eumagga0x2a

Thanks for testing. I hoped that the problem were linked to DXVA2 decoding, in this case I would have something to try out (related to the way we allocate decoder surfaces), but well... no ideas ATM.

Any clues from admlog.txt? The NVIDIA graphics driver version is probably the latest, isn't it?

FireCulex

This problem persists in 2.7.6. Makes it really annoying when splicing clips together because spacebar to pause will sometimes be ignored completely. Sometimes the cursor will turn into a circle. Changing it to OpenGL did nothing until the program restarted after a crash.
Changing HW Accel DXVA2 leads to https://i.imgur.com/w97H3JX.png
Even after using OpenGL pausing or the UI doesn't always respond sometimes up to 10-15s during playback.
Seems like switching to QT solves it.

eumagga0x2a

Does the problem affect all videos or only videos with frame rate equal the display refresh rate (usually 60 fps)? The latter is a known issue meanwhile, difficult to solve, unfortunately.