News:

--

Main Menu

No Demuxer for .TS file

Started by PhilG, February 04, 2019, 07:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilG

I have been using the ADM software for a little while now and have come across a TV recording of a 'Time Team' episode which when I try to load gives me an'Info' box saying 'Cannot find a demuxer for "filename". Which is followed by another 'Info' message saying 'could not open the file'. I can play the file perfectly well through my Windows media player, and have performed a lot of advert removal processes in the past to the same type of program, from the same source, without and difficulty. I have tried using the latest version R190126 , but no joy. I am using A windows PC OS 7, with quad core processors and 16GB of RAM. Can you help? Thank you.

eumagga0x2a

Please provide the head of the file (approx. 100 MiB should be enough) as sample using WeTransfer, Mega, Dropbox, Google Drive or a similar service.

PhilG

Thank you for looking into this matter. I have uploaded 100MB of the offending file to the wetransfer site. The reference is https://we.tl/t-jOBPRByTMJ.
Hope this helps you understand the problem and hopefully resolve it. Thanks

eumagga0x2a

Thank you for the sample. To open an MPEG TS, Avidemux looks for the first occurence of 0x47 in the stream and assumes that it has identified so called "sync byte", i.e. a value marking the start of a packet. An MPEG TS packet can be either 188 or 192 bytes long, so Avidemux looks 20 times for subsequent occurences of 0x47 at an offset of a multiple of 188 and of 192 bytes to decide whether the particular stream is one with 188 or 192 bytes long packets.

Unfortunately, in this particular file, there is a byte equal 0x47 right before the real marker, so Avidemux falls for it. Being 1 byte off the correct packet boundary, subsequent search for following matching 0x47 sequences both in 188 and 192 bytes intervals all fail (both runs return a single "match" for the wrong marker). From that result Avidemux decides to take 188 as packet size instead of retrying at an offset. The stream has 192 bytes long packets.

Patch upcoming.

eumagga0x2a

Should be fixed* now, please try a future nightly.

Thank you for your report.

*) The bug, not my English, description fixed in a dirty way by forced push :-O

PhilG

Great work! Thanks for your prompt replies and your time involved in this problem. I'll keep a look out for the upcoming nightly's and let you know of the outcome.

PhilG

Download the latest version. As you said, it works just fine. Thanks again for the support.