If adding multiple videos Avidemux mutes all clips after the 1st time-lapse-clip

Started by tobi92, March 11, 2019, 12:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tobi92

If adding multiple videos Avidemux mutes all clips after the 1st time-lapse-clip (all following files contain failures)

I think I used Avidemux V 2.7 most times, maybe I will try 2.6 later, but I got the following problem.

I want to add 63 4K-videos in mp4 container just to connect those as one video (copy), no further editing. Those 63 video-clips contain about 3 time-lapse-videos without sound. After avidemux added als 63 clips and I play the last clip before the time-lapsse-clip, avidemux crashes completely just before the time-lapse-clip begings, giving a message like "exeption filter" or something.
If I dont play the connected video and just save it to one long video (copy), I can play that file with VLC only until the last clip before the first time-lape-video. Then VLC stops the playback. The player "MPC" plays the complete file, but completely without sound/audio from the first time-lapse-clip.

How do I solve this issue? How can I get a clean file of all video-clips with only the time-lapse-clips without sound?

Update - Message in Avidemux 2.6 (no message in 2.7 because it saves the complete (muted/corrupt) file:

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
ADM_edAudioTrackFromVideo::switchToNextAudioSegment()  [avidemux.exe]
ADM_setCrashHook  [libADM_core6.dll]
UnhandledExceptionFilter  [kernel32.dll]
longjmp  [ntdll.dll]
_C_specific_handler  [ntdll.dll]
_chkstk  [ntdll.dll]
RtlInitializeResource  [ntdll.dll]
KiUserExceptionDispatcher  [ntdll.dll]
ADM_edAudioTrackFromVideo::switchToNextAudioSegment()  [avidemux.exe]
ADM_edAudioTrackFromVideo::getPacket(unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int*, unsigned long long*)  [avidemux.exe]
ADM_audioStreamCopy::getPacket(unsigned char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int, unsigned int*, unsigned long long*)  [avidemux.exe]
muxerMp4v2::fillAudio(unsigned long long)  [libADM_mx_mp4v2.dll]
muxerMp4v2::save()  [libADM_mx_mp4v2.dll]
admSaver::save()  [avidemux.exe]
A_Save(char const*)  [avidemux.exe]
A_SaveWrapper(char const*)  [avidemux.exe]
ADM_QT4_fileSel::GUI_FileSelWriteExtension(char const*, char const*, void (*)(char const*))  [avidemux.exe]
HandleAction_Save(Action)  [avidemux.exe]
HandleAction(Action)  [avidemux.exe]
MainWindow::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)  [avidemux.exe]
QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, int, int, void**)  [Qt5Core.dll]
MainWindow::actionSignal(Action)  [avidemux.exe]
MainWindow::searchFileMenu(QAction*)  [avidemux.exe]
MainWindow::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)  [avidemux.exe]
QMenu::setPlatformMenu(QPlatformMenu*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QMenu::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QAction::activate(QAction::ActionEvent)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QMenu::setIcon(QIcon const&)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QMenu::internalDelayedPopup()  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QMenu::mouseReleaseEvent(QMouseEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QWidget::event(QEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QMenu::event(QEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QCoreApplication::notifyInternal(QObject*, QEvent*)  [Qt5Core.dll]
QApplicationPrivate::sendMouseEvent(QWidget*, QMouseEvent*, QWidget*, QWidget*, QWidget**, QPointer<QWidget>&, bool)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
non-virtual thunk to QWidget::metric(QPaintDevice::PaintDeviceMetric) const  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
non-virtual thunk to QWidget::metric(QPaintDevice::PaintDeviceMetric) const  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QCoreApplication::notifyInternal(QObject*, QEvent*)  [Qt5Core.dll]
QGuiApplicationPrivate::processMouseEvent(QWindowSystemInterfacePrivate::MouseEvent*)  [Qt5Gui.dll]
QGuiApplicationPrivate::processWindowSystemEvent(QWindowSystemInterfacePrivate::WindowSystemEvent*)  [Qt5Gui.dll]
QWindowSystemInterface::sendWindowSystemEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>)  [Qt5Gui.dll]
QEventDispatcherWin32Private::sendTimerEvent(int)  [Qt5Core.dll]
TranslateMessageEx  [USER32.dll]
TranslateMessage  [USER32.dll]
QEventDispatcherWin32::processEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>)  [Qt5Core.dll]
unknown function  [qwindows.dll]
QEventLoop::exec(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>)  [Qt5Core.dll]
QCoreApplication::exec()  [Qt5Core.dll]
UI_RunApp()  [avidemux.exe]
startAvidemux(int, char**)  [avidemux.exe]
SDL_main  [avidemux.exe]
console_main  [avidemux.exe]
WinMain  [avidemux.exe]
unknown function  [avidemux.exe]
unknown function  [avidemux.exe]
BaseThreadInitThunk  [kernel32.dll]
RtlUserThreadStart  [ntdll.dll]

eumagga0x2a

All audio tracks in all appended files must exactly match regarding the number of tracks, the codecs in use, the entirety of codec settings, number and layout of channels.

If you want to append a video without audio track, you must add audio track(s) first and save the video with video in copy mode and each audio track set to (perfectly) match the corresponding audio tracks of the first file.

Anything older than 2.7.2 is unsupported.

tobi92

Where to get audio-tracks, which format, which output-format (FDK or lav?) ?

Why can't Avidemux add a dummy-audio track automatically? It's shameful for a software in 2019 that it mutes all audio after adding 1 time-lape-clip. I mean time-lapse-videos are very common today and the manufactures of camera seem to tend to not add any audio-track to that.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: tobi92 on March 12, 2019, 12:48:17 AM
Where to get audio-tracks, which format, which output-format (FDK or lav?) ?

E.g. from the output of MediaInfo, partially from the file properties dialog in Avidemux. FDK AAC and lav AAC are not formats but different encoders for the same codec, AAC.

QuoteWhy can't Avidemux add a dummy-audio track automatically?

Because this is a highly non-trivial task from my POV, given all use cases which should be covered by such a function.

QuoteIt's shameful for a software in 2019 that it mutes all audio after adding 1 time-lape-clip. I mean time-lapse-videos are very common today and the manufactures of camera seem to tend to not add any audio-track to that.

It doesn't mute anything, the audio track ends there. Patches are welcome.