How to modify the size of the "logo" filter image?

Started by western, March 11, 2019, 06:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

western

Avidemux can overlay images on screen in "filters" → "transform" → "add logo" (screenshot of the path). However, the (admittedly large) size of my photo has been reduced and I don't see a way to modify the image size (X and Y are coordinates):

eumagga0x2a

Avidemux can't do it. You should scale the logo image with an external image editor to match the size you need.

western

The image is displayed in less than native size.

I understand that people aren't expected to use exceptionally large photos, but I didn't find any related "overlay image" filter or option.

eumagga0x2a

What is the resolution of the video and what is the resolution of the logo image?

western

The horizontal (~600px) and vertical dimensions (1080px) are actually identical. I'm essentially trying to create a frame for a video which covers everything but an animated area in the center — I cleared the matching part in Gimp, creating a "cutout" which I will place on top of the video.

Likely woefully inefficient, but this was the best solution I was able to come up with.

eumagga0x2a

In other words, despite identical pixel size, the logo doesn't match the size of the video in preview, is it what you experience? Please provide exact pixel sizes.

eumagga0x2a

Can't reproduce with the standard 1280x720 video and logo of the same size with a "cutout", works just fine. Will try dimensions you stated.

eumagga0x2a

Works perfectly for me. Can it be that you misinterpret distorted area below the picture which is not a multiple of 16 in height with some video outputs (like with VDPAU on Linux) as an issue with the logo? Or gray areas to both sides of the picture in the filter preview?

western

The forum software considers me as a spammer, please resolve the issue. I had to remove links from my subsequent post.

QuoteCleanTalk: *** Forbidden. E-mail seems to be spammer. ***

western

I tested again with a video and image created for demonstration purposes using the same settings, dimensions and file format. I'm using HEVC x265 video output for now and the source file is MP4 (recorded using "ScreenCam" Android app[).

See the attachment (had to be scaled to be under the forum's size restriction 192KB) to understand the issue, the "logo" image seems to be scaled down by exactly 50%.

I don't think that I'm misinterpreting anything, right?

western

Sorry, this was a personal configuration issue. The video dimensions after all are 1080 x 1920 which I confused with the most common monitor screen size 1920 x 1080.  The vertical dimension got changed when I screenshotted my desktop (1920 x 1080) video player.

I will rescale the video or image.

I should have started by uploading the video and image I'm working with, but new users who use links may get caught in the spam filter, as happened to me.