News:

--

Main Menu

Installation of v2.7.2

Started by fish, March 13, 2019, 11:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish

I am getting an error of, "The program can't start because VSScript.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I reinstalled but it did not fix the problem.
After clicking on ok the software seems to run, so I will press on and see how it goes.

eumagga0x2a

It doesn't complain about missing VSScript.dll in my testing, both with no VapourSynth at all and with the current version (R45) installed. Do you have an old version of VapourSynth installed on your system?

evodoc

I have the same problem, I don't think I ever had Vapoursynth installed, unless it was bundled with something.

eumagga0x2a

While removing libADM_dm_vapoursynth.dll from the plugins\demuxers folder or using the MinGW build instead of the VC++ one should stop the nuisance, I would prefer to identify the reason why some users get this warning and the others including me not (I don't have VapourSynth installed on my Windows 10 system).

Please start Avidemux afresh, then compress and attach admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux to your reply.

evodoc

fish

I too have never used Vapoursynth as far as I am aware. I am using an up to date Win7 pro. I've attached the file you requested.

eumagga0x2a

Thanks (I see only one log attached, by fish), @evodoc, please just paste the Windows version mentioned in the log, like

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Business Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601; 64-bit)

evodoc

It's attached in my first reply.

eumagga0x2a

I'm sorry, I missed it.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601; 64-bit)

Thank you, is it Home Edition? Anyway, there is nothing unusual in the log, the VapourSynth demuxer gets correctly disabled

[Demuxer]Symbol loading failed for C:\Program Files\Avidemux 2.7 VC++ 64bits\plugins\demuxers/libADM_dm_vapoursynth.dll
C:\Program Files\Avidemux 2.7 VC++ 64bits\plugins\demuxers/libADM_dm_vapoursynth.dll:CannotLoad

I'll uninstall VapourSynth on Windows 7 and recheck.

evodoc

eumagga0x2a

Confirmed with VapourSynth uninstalled on Windows 7. Windows 10 is not affected.

If you are not going to use VapourSynth, please remove libADM_dm_vapoursynth.dll or modify its extension.

BG Davis

Same problem, except clicking on OK simply closed the warning window.
So for me, the latest version is unusable.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice, with the same negative result.

BG Davis

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on March 13, 2019, 10:11:39 PM

If you are not going to use VapourSynth, please remove libADM_dm_vapoursynth.dll or modify its extension.

The file  libADM_dm_vapoursynth.dll  does not appear in the list when I open the updated Avidemux folder (Avidemux 2.7 VC++ 64bits).

BG Davis

Quote from: BG Davis on March 14, 2019, 07:49:30 PM

The file  libADM_dm_vapoursynth.dll  does not appear in the list when I open the updated Avidemux folder (Avidemux 2.7 VC++ 64bits).
As noted above, can't use the program.  All I get is the error message reported by OP.
Running Win7, home premium.  Never had this problem with any previous version of Avidemux.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: BG Davis on March 14, 2019, 07:49:30 PM

It is located where all other demuxer plugins are: in the plugins\demuxers\ subdirectory.