[2.7.2] date always 1.1.1970 in avidemux_jobs

Started by Sput, March 24, 2019, 03:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sput

Hi,

I updated Avidemux from 2.7.1 to 2.7.2. After the update avidemux_jobs always shows that "start date" and "end date" to every job is "Thu Jan 1 1970". Windows clock is updated using NTP time and is accurate. In 2.7.1. dates worked perfectly. Screen shot from my jobs catalogue attached. Is this already known software bug or is my avidemux corrupted somehow?

eumagga0x2a

Is jobs duration (mostly) correct despite wrong date? I ask this because there is a job with a negative duration which is hard to get unless the computer clock has reset itself in meantime.

Are MingGW builds like in https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,18653.0.html also affected or is it a VC++ only problem? Obviously, only new jobs can be measured and displayed correctly, those which have been already mangled can't be magically fixed.

eumagga0x2a

Okay, I can reproduce the issue which is VC++-only. The time of day is correct, the date is always the first day of the epoch, i.e. 1970-01-01.

Thank you for your report.

Sput

Job durations are correct and are not a problem. The one with negative value was my own mistake. Happened when moved the result file to another location accidentally during conversion.

eumagga0x2a

I see what happens. If the compiler / build environment provides its own gettimeofday implementation like on Linux, macOS or with MinGW, that implementation is used and everything is fine. Otherwise (this is Microsoft Visual C++), Avidemux' own implementation is used, which ignores all the date-relevant fields of the SYSTEMTIME struct.