Avidemux 2.7.2 - Incorrect frame rate from source file

Started by dr_humble, May 01, 2019, 08:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_humble

Hello,

ran into a problem in which the program defines the frame rate as 100 fps from any 50 fps .mts-file.  Now this can be fixed by editing the fps value in the index (idx2) file manually to 50000. But how does this happen and is there a way to fix it? The incorrect source frame rate causes output video to render into a mess even if I try to change the frame rate (both source and output in different configurations) inside the program. Also saving as a copy without any rendering makes the video come out only half length and not really playing anything even at 2x speed rather than just the first frame. To me it suggests that it saves it as 100 fps and the video is edited on screen as 50 fps. The video duration is correct while opened and edited.

It's not a big thing to poke into the idx2, but I was wondering what might have happened, since this started recently after I re-installed the program. Am I stuck with it?

eumagga0x2a

We're well past version 2.7.3 now (though this should not matter much for this issue, presumably).

Could you please provide a sample via WeTransfer, Mega, Dropbox, Google Drive or a similar service? ~200 MiB should suffice.