News:

--

Main Menu

No audio on newly opened files

Started by weybrew, June 06, 2019, 06:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weybrew

I want to sync the audio and video on an MP4 movie file. When I open the file and start to play I don't get any audio. I've tried multiple files and none of them have any audio. There must be an initial setting I have failed to set, but I've been unable to find it. Can someone give me a hand, please?

eumagga0x2a

You don't specify whether the number of audio tracks is zero or you just get no sound when you play the file. If it is the latter, make sure you select "win32" audio device instead of "dummy" in the "Audio" tab of the Preferences in Avidemux.

If it is the former, please recheck with the latest nightly first, and if the issue persists, please provide admlog.txt located in %localappdata%\avidemux\ from loading a mp4 file where Avidemux fails to detect audio tracks (it may be necessary to get hold of such a file in a next step).

wootaloot

I hope it's okay to post it this thread and not create a separate new one, 'cause I have a similar issue.

I get "0 tracks" for audio in some .ts files that I open in avidemux (Preferences - Audio is set to win32). I tried some different files, and some have this issue while others don't (all of them work properly in media players).
Here is admlog (if needed) https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqppikzvg87v060/admlog.txt?dl=0

Would appreciate any advice on this!

eumagga0x2a

Please use a supported version of Avidemux (i.e. the latest nightly, at least the latest release = 2.7.4). Is is possible that the problems you experience have been solved long time ago. 2.6.21 is truly ancient now.

By the way, the problems you describe have nothing to do with the topic.

wootaloot

Ah, I apologise for misunderstanding the topic.
But I am using the latest version (2.7.4), and it doesn't seem to help.

dosdan

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: wootaloot on August 27, 2019, 07:46:14 PM
But I am using the latest version (2.7.4), and it doesn't seem to help.

You were using 2.6.21, but if the problem persists with 2.7.4, please provide at least admlog.txt from loading a file which is known to contain an audio track Avidemux fails to detect, better the file as sample itself (in case of .ts the first 100 MB cut with file splitter like HJSplit should suffice).

24-bit audio should not result in a track being not detected, but rather in audio in this track being completely garbled.

wootaloot

Alright, I got the admlog for the latest version, but the forum doesn't let me post the link again. It's the same as in my post furhter up the thread (Dropbox).

eumagga0x2a

Thanks, but the ts file in question had been already indexed as you generated the admlog.txt file, so it is unfortunately useless. Please delete the corresponding .idx2 file and retry.

It would make much more sense to split the stream into 100 MB chunks and provide one of these chunks as a sample as far as the content is more or less innocuous (because if Avidemux is at fault, no fix can be developed without a sample to test).

eumagga0x2a

If you experience problems to post a reply (external CleanTalk antispam service going crazy, as usual), please provide the info via PM. I can't help with CleanTalk, but I can repost text if necessary.

eumagga0x2a

Thank you very much for the sample, the point where we fail is

[TsPacket] Detecting TS/TS2...
[TsPacket] Score : 188:20, 192:1 out of 20
[TsPacket] Probably TS1 (188)...
[tsGetAudioInfo] 18:23:42-603 ADTS no sync
[tsGetAudioInfo] 18:23:42-603 Cannot get info from audio
[TsIndexer] Audio probed, 0 found, doing video

Will look into it, might take some time.

wootaloot

Thank you, will be waiting for further info then.

eumagga0x2a

wootaloot

Hm, I installed the latest nightly, but the issue is still there. I tried the same ts file, and another one. New admlog.txt is in the DB link above.

eumagga0x2a

I assume the 190829 nightly has been generated from a code tree which was not sync'ed with the git master. The issue is fixed, just the relevant code change was not pulled into the git mirror used to produce the 190829 build which was focused on solving a mystery of x265 video encoder plugin not loaded on some Windows systems.