News:

--

Main Menu

Shutdown when complete option

Started by vwm8534, June 14, 2019, 02:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vwm8534

I hope I am posting this in the right place and will gladly repost in another section if needed. I was just wondering about the possibilty of adding a shutdown when complete option and also, is there a way to donate. I think it is only fair for us to donate to the person that went to the trouble and major effort to code this app.

Thanks,
Virgil

eumagga0x2a

Regarding the "shutdown when done" option, it was hidden a while ago as the implementation for Windows (avidemux_core/ADM_core/src/ADM_win32.cpp:133) didn't work with UAC i.e. for all Windows versions starting with Vista while the implementation for Linux required Avidemux to be run as root.

I can't speak in the name of the author of Avidemux regarding donations, but my impression is that submitting patches is by far the most efficient way to support development.

kiki0077

Hello,
Including the shutdown when finished option is highly useful, it's energy and time saving. It's the main reason why I prefer using Virtualdub when I have many videos to encode.

Rimantas

Is it possible to enable it? I'm on Win XP, using 2.7.4 32bit version.

eumagga0x2a

Unfortunately, 32 bits builds off the legacy-compat branch target not only Windows XP (which refuses to die) but all 32 bits versions of Windows, including Windows 7 and Windows 10, where the existing implementation doesn't work. That said, the answer is probably "No".

eumagga0x2a

What I believed about the shutdown function turned out to be false. The shutdown option in the encoding dialog has been verified working on Windows 10 and Windows 7 and is now enabled on Windows in general. Testing of latest nightlies on other Windows versions welcome.