News:

--

Main Menu

opening MKV (VP9+OPUS) failed

Started by xtremepowersRO, July 31, 2019, 09:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtremepowersRO

I've been using the software for more than 3 years and successfully edited A LOT of MP4s and MKVs
However, I could NEVER make it work a MKV (VP9+OPUS). It always fails to even open it. What is wrong?
They are all downloaded off of YouTube so nothing like custom encoding or anything..
Running W7 atm but back when I had W10 it didn't work either.
No matter what version of AVIDemux is, it just won't load.
Tested on two PCs.
Current version installed: 2.7.2

eumagga0x2a

Please use the youtube-dl tool to download videos from YouTube, it is known for generating working MKV files, also when selecting vp9+opus. Please also explain which service you were using to obtain broken files and provide one such file as sample via WeTransfer.

To be able to save vp9 video in copy mode in Avidemux, please use a more recent build, preferably the latest 2.7.4 nightly.

VC++ git master for 64 bits Windows starting with Windows 7
MinGW git master for 64 bits Windows starting with Windows 7
MinGW legacy-compat for 32 bits Windows starting with Windows XP

xtremepowersRO

I can play any file just fine using VLC, KM Player, MPC-HC.
The only problem is loading the vp9+opus videos in Avidemux solely
The tool I use to download them is Internet Download Manager and 4K Video Downloader

The error comes when the audio is OPUS.

eumagga0x2a

Have you tried with one of the latest nightly builds I pointed to?

If yes, and if the problem persists, please provide a sample MKV file via WeTransfer produced by the applications or services you named so that I can try to examine the file. If the file conforms to the specs, I'll need to look whether it is easily possible to extend the capabilities of the Matroska demuxer in Avidemux to handle it properly. Otherwise there is no need in a quirk on Avidemux part as youtube-dl + ffmpeg produce perfectly working files.

I guess even remuxing the files with ffmpeg would make them compatible with Avidemux:

ffmpeg -i "DriveLetter:\Path\to\input.mkv" -c copy "DriveLetter:\Path\to\output.mkv"

In any case it is low priority as a workaround is freely available.

lenin38

I using most recent version 2.74 and it gives error when wanting to open video downloaded from youtube and use to download them intenet download manager  opening MKV (VP9+OPUS) failed 2.7.4 190808

eumagga0x2a

Okay, we know that "Internet Download Manager" produces Matroska files incompatible with Avidemux. It is also known that youtube-dl + ffmpeg produce perfectly supported MKV files with VP9 + Opus, so please use youtube-dl for the near future at least.

If you want Avidemux to become able to handle files output by "Internet Download Manager" at some future point, please provide a sample. You ignored my request for sample already in https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,18726.msg86559.html. It is completely pointless to complain while refusing to cooperate.