News:

--

Main Menu

Replace Audio track WAV issues

Started by spyderrp7, August 02, 2019, 06:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spyderrp7

Hi, I want to replace the audio track in an mp4 file.
I want to insert a new WAV file that Avidemux will encode it to AAC to ouput to an mp4 container.
I tried a 24bit 48khz and a 16bit 48khz wav file, but both times the Avidemux didn't recognise the file as wav, but rather as AC3 (3 or 6 channels).
Do you have any idea why is that? I am on Yosemite with Avidemux 2.7.0

dosdan

Quote from: spyderrp7 on August 02, 2019, 06:21:02 PM
I tried a 24bit 48khz and a 16bit 48khz wav file, but both times the Avidemux didn't recognise the file as wav, but rather as AC3 (3 or 6 channels).
Do you have any idea why is that? I am on Yosemite with Avidemux 2.7.0

Don't have a Mac, but I think this was a general bug that was fixed some time ago. (I think v2.7.0 was from 2018.) You need to be trying the latest nightly. I tested it successfully with avidemux_2.7.4 r190729_win64.exe. ADM won't work with 24-bit WAV.

https://avidemux.org/nightly/

Dan.

eumagga0x2a

The problem here is that current Avidemux builds, generated on Mojave, were reported to be incompatible at least with El Capitan. The situation with older macOS versions is unknown, so please try and report back whether the latest nightly runs on Yosemite. If it doesn't, you are out of luck. Even compiling Avidemux from source may be out of reach as Homebrew dropped support for Yosemite a while ago.

As dosdan already explained, 24-bit PCM audio files are unsupported while false positives for AC3 (and AAC) are mostly fixed, but this requires that you use a recent build.

spyderrp7

Ok , that explains my issue!
I can confirm that Yosemite (10.10) is incompatible with versions 2.7.1 (highsierra), and 2.7.4 (mojave).
I hate Apple for updating their OS braking the compatibility so often.
I am stuck on Yosemite for hardware reasons.

eumagga0x2a

I was not completely correct about Homebrew not supporting Yosemite. The documentation lists 10.9-10.11 as supported on a best-effort base, so it might work. If it is possible to install command-line tools for Xcode on Yosemite, it should be possible to try to install brew and in case of success to try to build Avidemux from source.

spyderrp7

I have never used XCode or Homebrew. I guess I need to find another solution for now.