"Play filtered" feature only applies when video isn't paused

Started by MoriMoriMori, September 01, 2020, 12:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoriMoriMori

I have GoPro which I mount at different spots on my body. Due to this, some video files it creates have video footage which is upside down. I use Avidemux to quickly remove parts of the footage I don't need, so I need to first find the start and end positions of segment to delete to place markers.

I use "Play filtered" feature combined with Rotate filter to view my video normally (not upside down) and it works - but only when video is played. The moment I pause it, trying to find the best spot to place a marker, it flips immediately, producing quite confusing, disorienting effect on me.

Words can't relay it, perhaps, but it makes the process VERY frustrating. I think this feature must keep applying the filters even when video is paused.

eumagga0x2a

Not feasible with current design, unfortunately, as filters exist only in playback mode (the filter chain is destructed before the seek to the location of the pause mode is performed).

If ever implemented in the future, rotation of the display in video preview IMHO would need to go into renderer (Qt, QtGl, DXVA2, VDPAU, LIBVA, XVideo) for renderers which support rotation. It would be an option completely independent from filtering then and might cause a lot of confusion when being enabled inadvertently or not working due to a different renderer.