News:

--

Main Menu

Vsproxy exiting with error code "?"

Started by ModernMajorGeneral, August 11, 2019, 12:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModernMajorGeneral

Hi,

Trying to get VapourSynth up and working with AviDemux ... most everything seems to work. I'm getting this out of the pipe:

D:\Family Movie Backup>vspipe -i script.vpy -
Width: 720
Height: 480
Frames: 164524
FPS: 30000/1001 (29.970 fps)
Format Name: YUV420P8
Color Family: YUV
Alpha: No
Sample Type: Integer
Bits: 8
SubSampling W: 1
SubSampling H: 1

When I attempt to run the script through vsproxy, it returns after about a second without any information. With the vsproxy_gui, I get the message "Exited (error ?)"

Is there any way to produce more error information?

Is this what it looks like when the proxy is unable to open a port? My PC is not running Hyper-V ...

I have used vsproxy_gui to host a sample script found here:
https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php?topic=16390.0

But at this moment I can't seem to get that script to work either, which makes me think that it's something to do with the proxy itself.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Avidemux 2.7.3 64-bit
Vapoursynth R47

Thanks in advance...

eumagga0x2a

Do you get more info regarding the reason for the failure when you open the .vpy script in Avidemux directly (i.e. when using the VapourSynth demuxer instead of the proxy) and inspect the resulting admlog.txt?

Thanveeralisayed

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on August 11, 2019, 01:05:55 AMDo you get more info regarding the reason for the failure when you open the .vpy script in Avidemux directly (i.e. when using the VapourSynth demuxer instead of the proxy) and inspect the resulting admlog.txt?

I have read that it support vpy files directly in avidemux from 2.7.2. So i have installed vapoursynth it works fine.(Working with pot player)

So i tried dragging in vpy file to avidemux and try to open it from file menu. Both results in error it says "Attempt to open that vpy_file_name failed!"

When pressing OK it says could not open file

So tried with Vapoursynth proxy in avidemux directory also results in an error. It says 'error exit'(without actually exiting the ui) when pressing the run button

I wanted to use some vapoursynth filters like motion interpolation in avidemux .

So iam using avidemux 2.7.7
and Vapoursynth r52

eumagga0x2a

Please provide admlog.txt from trying to load the vpy script directly in Avidemux, not resorting to vsProxy.

Thanveeralisayed

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on September 05, 2020, 11:55:25 PMPlease provide admlog.txt from trying to load the vpy script directly in Avidemux, not resorting to vsProxy.

Like you said i tried to load the vpy file again.And this is the admlog.txtYou cannot view this attachment.

i have added another admlog now. I modified the message. it has mentions about vpy

eumagga0x2a

[vsHeader::open] 04:45:51-457 Evaluate script failed <Python exception: name 'display_fps' is not defined

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2244, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
  File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 2245, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
  File "C:/Users/*****/Desktop/60/ms.vpy", line 27, in <module>
    target_num = 60 if display_fps < 23.9 or display_fps > 300 else display_fps
NameError: name 'display_fps' is not defined
>

I wonder whether this is the same issue mentioned in this bugreport for R41 (the reply in the report doesn't state which commit fixed the regression, but I suspect that it was Fix vsscript_setvariable silently failing to set nodes). You could try to downgrade VS.