Author Topic: Multiple frame blending  (Read 902 times)

Quaternions

Re: Multiple frame blending
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2019, 02:25:20 PM »
nvEncodeAPI.h is no longer available in ffmpeg at the location pointed to by cross-compiling.txt, do I need to find an updated one or is the one that I downloaded from ffmpeg version 3.4 fine to use?

But why not submitting the new filter upstream?
What does this mean?  If it means submitting the filter to the main project, I don't know how to do that!

eumagga0x2a

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2019, 02:52:14 PM »
nvEncodeAPI.h is no longer available in ffmpeg at the location pointed to by cross-compiling.txt

I forgot to update the instructions, this and other headers are now provided by https://github.com/FFmpeg/nv-codec-headers

do I need to find an updated one or is the one that I downloaded from ffmpeg version 3.4 fine to use?

If you have a NVIDIA graphics card capable of encoding H.264 and maybe even HEVC and want to be able to use this capability from Avidemux, then you need a recent version for use with recent NVIDIA graphics drivers. Otherwise you don't need the header at all.

But why not submitting the new filter upstream?
What does this mean?  If it means submitting the filter to the main project, I don't know how to do that!

Clone the repository (already done) Actually, create a clone of Avidemux repository fork mean00's Avidemux repository to your GitHub account

https://help.github.com/en/articles/fork-a-repo

clone this repository, configure git to know about you (name, email address etc.) and the upstream repository, create a new branch, add the files belonging to the filter and other files you have modified, write a commit message, push the branch to your GitHub account, submit pull request from there.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 03:02:11 PM by eumagga0x2a »

eumagga0x2a

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2019, 03:15:40 PM »
Regarding nv-codec-headers, installation of these headers in MXE amounts to just removing @@PREFIX@@ (as the prefix is empty) from ffnvcodec.pc.in, stripping ".in" from the filename, copying the edited file into the usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32.shared/lib/pkgconfig subdirectory of MXE for 64 bits builds and copying the folder "ffnvcodec" to usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32.shared/include/

Quaternions

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2019, 04:40:32 PM »
I can't seem to get the NVENC to be included.  I added the updated file to both the i686 and x86_64 .shared include directories, and did mkdir out and chmod 775 out in both .shared directories.  I would like to use this feature.  Thanks for your explanation of nv-codec-headers, I've got it working now!

I wasn't able to copy just the libADM_vf_blend.dll to the installed version, but I didn't expect that to work anyways

Also I modified the max bitrate the GUI allows in https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2/blob/master/avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoEncoder/ffNvEncHEVC/ADM_ffNvEnc.cpp#L205 from 50000 to 400000, 50000 is too small :D
I use the slow preset for NVENC on ffmpeg, I would love to attempt to add some more options to the config

Also also I forked the repo and will pull request my changes when I'm happy with my plugin.

eumagga0x2a

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2019, 05:01:25 PM »
(edit: Misunderstanding removed)

You can't mix output of different compilers, but if the installed version was built with MinGW, I would expect the binary of your plugin to work. Obviously, it can't work with a VC++ build like the official release version.

I use the slow preset for NVENC on ffmpeg, I would love to attempt to add some more options to the config

Also also I forked the repo and will pull request my changes when I'm happy with my plugin.

Great to hear that!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 05:05:49 PM by eumagga0x2a »

Quaternions

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2019, 10:54:46 PM »
I've uploaded several clips, which I've put together in a playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEQnPdZwMzNdguqJfLl9bUaRdPiQKK8CL

Do I submit the pull request to master?Very cool, this is the first project that I have contributed to on github!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 03:05:54 PM by Quaternions »