unwanted artefact at video bottom

Started by Brookline, August 18, 2019, 10:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brookline

Hello,
sometimes when i open a video with avidemux 2 6 21 or 2 5 i have some artefact looking as small vertical bars at bottom ( all the video width), sometimes also at right or left. see attached picture. the video is mp4 h264 712x416 25 fps. curiously if i look the video parameters with mediainfo i have 2 width values 712 and 720 and 2 height values 416 and 404! the video has also same artefact with vlc player so it seems there is some problem in original video. i made many tests with avidemux but never could have a correct video. did somebody already have that problem? curiously, if i convert the video with non avidemux converter the output video is clean! why this problem and is it an avidemux solution? thank you for your attention.

eumagga0x2a

First of all, please try with the latest version of Avidemux, currently 2.7.4. If the issue persists, please provide a sample (max 1 GB in size) via WeTransfer, Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive as well as that sample processed by "non avidemux converter" which, I suspect, also happens to have a name.

Brookline

hello,
first thank you for looking at my problem. i will try 2 7 4 and give you the result...

Brookline

1. tried 2 7 4: same problem...
2. i did not give the name of no avidemux converter for 2 reasons: first it could be some advertising for a non sourceforge product , second may be it is a voluntary protection on the video to avoid duplicate... so i cant put on the web how to solve that protection. the video is coming from https://replay.gulli.fr/series/Kally-s-Mashup-la-voix-de-la-pop
i did download of the video on firefox with an  extension but i dont wish to put the extension name on the web...
Maybe this download is at limit of legality? however that video is from a serie displayed free on all  tv's...
3. to send samples via we transfer i m not sure  but i think i need email adress?
thank you for your attention.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Brookline on August 19, 2019, 01:50:12 PM
3. to send samples via we transfer i m not sure  but i think i need email adress?

No, no email address is required, even if it looks as if it were the case.

I am just curious about the nature of the damage in the video stream, a short sequence of the video (please use the copy mode), up to 2 minutes in duration would be enough. Please provide also a repaired(?) sample generated by the unnamed software from the short sequence above.

Brookline

Hello,
so i used wetransfer. links for original -1- video: https://we.tl/t-Q0xdsvC1DS, ''repaired '' video -2-: https://we.tl/t-39bTfcffsE . in repaired video -2- title you will see the converter name i used. version4.0.0, parameters: mp4, h264, 2pass, all others by default. thank you again.

eumagga0x2a

Thank you for the samples, will look at them later.

eumagga0x2a

Indeed, the dimensions of the video at the container level are wrong and Avidemux trusts the bogus width and height. Everything else (including crash with hw accel enabled) is the result of the above.

Will look into the options later, thank you again for the sample.

eumagga0x2a

Brookline

hello eumagga0x2a,
thank you for the information. i looked at the link '' should be fixed now'', but  i m sorry to tell you i understand nothing because i m not used to programming ( my level is about 0 and i still use keyboard only with 2 fingers...). So what could i do with these indications and how? '' should be fixed now'', does it mean i should reload 2 7 4 or this  will be included in a next version? thank you for your attention.

eumagga0x2a

This means that this change will be present in a future nightly build (dated today or later).

If you use Windows:

VC++ 64 bits builds
MinGW 64 bits builds
MinGW Legacy Compatibility 32 bits builds (capable to run on Windows XP)

Brookline

hello eumagga0x2a,
thank you for the informations. Yes i use windows 7-64.
I dont know what are VC++ 64 bits builds, MinGW 64 bits builds, MinGW Legacy Compatibility but i will look on the web to learn more.
i will save my 2 mn video and keep one eye on avidemux  issues.
for me i could tell this post is now solved. maybe i have to close the post but did not find how. maybe the posts remain allways open?
thank you again.

eumagga0x2a

No Avidemux nightlies with the fix have been uploaded yet.

With Windows 7 you have free choice, but I would recommend the both 64 bits versions (any of them).

"Legacy compatibility" is just an indication that those builds are compiled from the legacy-compat code branch, which uses an older version of FFmpeg at its core and is cross-compiled as a 32 bits Windows application in an ancient snapshot of MXE because newer versions of FFmpeg as well as newer versions of MXE are incompatible with Windows XP.

You don't need to pay attention to legacy-compat builds, you have a 64 bits operating system capable of running current 64 bits Avidemux versions.

There is no need to close topics.