News:

--

Main Menu

x265 missing, 'null' is in its place

Started by chairman.faust, August 21, 2019, 01:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipswitch

In the mean time i literally binary compared two avidemux folders, one from a working machine and one from the machine which doesnt do hevc output. the only mismatching files are:

Uninstall Avidemux VC++ 64bits.dat
components.xml
InstallationLog.txt
Uninstall Avidemux VC++ 64bits.ini

other then these, the files are exactly the same.

eumagga0x2a

You misunderstood the idea. We've already verified that the file (and the installation in general) is not damaged. I would like to test whether an older version of this library works where a newer one fails. 2.7.3 has an older version (2.4), 2.7.4 the newer one (3.0). Please replace the libx265.dll from 2.7.4 on the machine where the plugin can't be loaded with the older version.

dipswitch

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on August 27, 2019, 10:39:53 PM
You misunderstood the idea. We've already verified that the file (and the installation in general) is not damaged. I would like to test whether an older version of this library works where a newer one fails. 2.7.3 has an older version (2.4), 2.7.4 the newer one (3.0). Please replace the libx265.dll from 2.7.4 on the machine where the plugin can't be loaded with the older version.

I did as asked. Removing 2.7.4 vc++ and installing 2.7.3 results in hevc output.

Then i removed 2.7.3, installed 2.7.4 and replaced libx265.dll with the one from 2.7.3 . This got me a whole bunch of error messages.

The error message loosely translates into:

avidemux - can't find accesspoint

Can't find accesspoint from procedure x265_encoder_open_169 in dll file c:\program files\....

eumagga0x2a

Ah, my fault, so the plugin is linked to a particular version of the DLL and thus not interchangeable after compilation.

dipswitch

You are right, unbelievable. Does this mean that you know what was wrong? Im anxious to know.

dipswitch

I have the feeling something is going on  :D

eumagga0x2a

I don't think the exact reason for libx265.dll failing to load on some systems was identified. Once it turned out that the problem disappeared once x265 was updated to the latest release 3.1.2 taken directly from upstream instead of from the Shift Media Project, the 2.7.4 release source with version incremented to 2.7.5 was rebuilt with Visual Studio in this updated environment and subsequently published as 2.7.5 VC++.

dipswitch

I didnt notice there was a 2.7.5 version released  :D . thanks.