Avidemux_2.7.4VC++64bits - Application crash when trying to combine avi files

Started by derbyron, August 22, 2019, 07:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derbyron

Hi there,

I try to combine 7 avi files (640*480) and safe them as one file.

When I click on safe, the progress bar reaches about 85% and then it throws the following error and the application crashes.

***see attachment***

The happens every time I try to safe the project.

My settings are:

Output Video - Copy
Output Audio - Copy (0 streams)
Output Format - AVI

Is there anything I can do or is it a bug?

Thanks

eumagga0x2a

Could you please reproduce the crash, then compress (zip or 7z) and attach the admlog.txt file from %localappdata%\avidemux\ to your reply?

derbyron

eumagga0x2a

We crash because we don't handle the case when we cannot decode the video so that video segments count gets out of sync. Is the video innocuous enough to be provided as a sample? If so, please use WeTransfer (no email address required!), Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive.

eumagga0x2a

Actually, any video file which can't be decoded will do. Does that video play e.g. in VLC?

derbyron

It is just this bunch of 7 files which cannot be decoded. The files work fine in VLC or PotPlayer.

eumagga0x2a

eumagga0x2a

[adm_lavLogCallback] 22:13:30-465 [lavc] time_increment_bits 4 is invalid in relation to the current bitstream, this is likely caused by a missing VOL header
[adm_lavLogCallback] 22:13:30-465 [lavc] time_increment_bits set to 16 bits, based on bitstream analysis
[adm_lavLogCallback] 22:13:30-465 [lavc] Marker bit missing at 52 of 64 before vop_coded
[lavc] Probably placeholder frame (data length: 8)

These lines in the admlog.txt point to the reason why decoding fails (likely a bad cut).

derbyron

Its 7 parts of one file that I would like to join    8)
So I leave them separated.

Thanks anyway.
Best regards

eumagga0x2a

If the parts were cut in binary way (with a file splitter) don't try to append them in Avidemux but use a proper tool (like cat on Linux) to append the fragments. This would perfectly explain the decoding failure and match the meaning of "bad cut".