Avidemux > Main version 2.6

no audio with dvb-t2 recordings

<< < (2/3) > >>

eumagga0x2a:
https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,18826.0.html

Regarding the stream remuxed to mkv, it is ffmpeg not extracting AAC stream from LATM. I was about to investigate whether we can support this in the mkv demuxer.

bernd_b:
Thanks for the link, the compilation went through now!

And I could process all my test files (vdr-Recording and tvheadend-recordings), all two audio tracks were cut+copied into a new mkv-container!!!

eumagga0x2a:

--- Quote from: bernd_b on September 15, 2019, 04:00:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: eumagga0x2a on September 15, 2019, 12:16:35 PM ---... write the output of /dev/dvb/adapterN/dvr0 to a file (N = 0 for the first DVB card, replace it with the figure matching your setup) ...

--- End quote ---

Ups, I think I am not aware of how to do the trick.
--- End quote ---

With the old DVB-T, it implied using the tzap utility to tune to the desired program (required a proper ~/.tzap/channels.conf file) and running something like

--- Code: ---dd if=/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 of=/path/to/output.ts
--- End code ---

optionally with the input-output unit increased from the default 512 bytes to something like 512 kiB by adding bs=512K to the command in order to reduce the number of writes (the whole was never particularly stable because the latency of writing to a hard disk resulted sometimes in internal buffer overflows and recording stopping). I'm not up to date myself regarding DVB-T2, but

--- Code: ---mpv --stream-dump=/path/to/output.ts dvb://"Program name"
--- End code ---

should work for any kind of DVB.

--- Quote ---Doing a test record with vdr and tvheadend of the same program, avidemux again says no audio with the tvheadend file but recognizes one audio stream with the vdr-record.
--- End quote ---

Thanks, now we know who is doing strange things (it is tvheadend), so the impact of the former inability of Avidemux to handle badly aligned LATM streams in MPEG-TS should be very, very limited. Nevertheless, thank you for raising the topic.

eumagga0x2a:

--- Quote from: bernd_b on September 15, 2019, 04:00:40 PM ---Doing a test record with vdr and tvheadend of the same program, avidemux again says no audio with the tvheadend file but recognizes one audio stream with the vdr-record. But if I process this file (using copy for audio and video) into a mkv-container, the resulting file plays with no audio in mpv, so the audio seems to get lost even with a vdr-record.
--- End quote ---

I might have misinterpreted the part about vdr-record processed to mkv. Could you please provide a sample ts file produced by vdr-record from DVB-T2 with AAC LATM audio tracks?

bernd_b:
Here is the link to the test record I've done:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2n3358cydvwcsix/Isar_recorded_with_vdr.ts?dl=0

May it help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version