News:

--

Main Menu

avidemux crashes when saving edited files

Started by giorel, November 25, 2019, 06:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giorel

for many years avidemux worked very well. now, a few months ago, perhaps due to some incompatibility with Windows updates (10 pro 64) very often in the save phase I receive the attached message. Can anyone explain it?
Thx

eumagga0x2a

This is possible when the priority of Avidemux process is set to realtime or another value not handled by the getpriority() function which results in an assert failure = a controlled crash.

eumagga0x2a

This crash should not happen anymore, please try a future (dated 191126 or later) nightly build.

giorel

no change by lowering the priority (which was actually real time)
where do I find the indication of the build and where do I find the builds?
Thx

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: giorel on November 27, 2019, 12:58:36 AM
where do I find the builds?

Please follow the link  --> "win64"

The build with "r191126" in the filename (the same build is packaged as an .exe and as a .zip) includes already the patches* which hopefully solve the problem.

If the same assert failures happen with the new build, it means that the function GetPriorityClass() returns a different unexpected value and I'll add one more patch to catch it then.

*) [coreUI] Remove redundant second call to getpriority() in encoding dialog ctor and [core/win32] Do not crash on GetPriorityClass() failure or on REALTIME_PRIORITY_CLASS as return value.

giorel

now it's even worse (see attachment). Furthermore, after I installed the program, apparently without reports, I can't find the program directory anymore!

eumagga0x2a

Looks like a borked installation. Did you install the MinGW build into the same directory as the VC++ one? This can't work and will result in all sorts of failures. Additionally, you should not run both versions simultaneously (no matter where installed) because they claim the same configuration files.

Remove all installed versions, then either install or just unpack the ZIP version of the MinGW nightly build.

giorel

before installing the build I completely uninstalled all the versions I had of avidemux. But I used the build exe. I'll try with all the zip data. thanks

eumagga0x2a

Meanwhile, Mean has fixed logging in VC++ builds (the first build with the fix: r191129 from 10:29).

Due to other, unrelated fixes (loading mp4 with AC3 audio was broken, resulted in a crash), it may make sense to wait for next round of nightlies.

giorel

as for my installation, everything as before, still crashing

eumagga0x2a

Still crashing in the very same way (assert failure with a sligtly different line number = 98) when opening encoding dialog? Or something different?

eumagga0x2a

I've added a debug message to log unexpeted priority classes. Please try a future nightly – a VC++ or a MinGW one and once it crashes due to assert failure in ADM_win32.cpp, compress (zip or 7z) and attach admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux\ to your reply.

giorel

eumagga0x2a

To be sure: which git revision (the 11 characters preceding "-fflibs") does your Avidemux build show in Help --> About?

eumagga0x2a

A fresh VC++ build (191129 from Nov 29 2019 10:18 PM) with changes which would help to identify the problem has been uploaded --> https://avidemux.org/nightly/vsWin64/, please test and provide the admlog.txt after crash.