News:

--

Main Menu

Zipping a pre-configured AviDemux?

Started by yetanotherlogin, December 04, 2019, 01:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yetanotherlogin

Hello,

For a friend who knows nothing about video editing and sometimes needs to slice videos by removing unwanted parts... I was wondering if I could preconfigure AviDemux (INI file?) and zipping everything, ready to be unzipped and run on his computer with no installer.

So he doesn't have to learn about codecs and keyframes, I'd like to pre-configure AviDemux to always re-encode, using eg. MP4v2 containers with x264 and AAC.

Thank you.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: yetanotherlogin on December 04, 2019, 01:30:38 PM
using eg. MP4v2

Please don't. MP4v2 (libmp4v2) is deprecated and lacks features compared to MP4 (libavformat).

Avidemux doesn't need to be installed. Just delete the installer, rename avidemux.exe into avidemux_portable.exe and pack the application directory. Then unpack it to a location writable to the user, launch avidemux_portable.exe, configure output and codec, save it as default, quit Avidemux, compress the application directory with the new configuration (a portable version for Windows saves configuration in a subdirectory of the application directory) again – you are done.

However, unless you create your own fork of Avidemux and build it from source core yourself, you can't dumb down the interface preventing configuration changes by the user.