Linux batch mode with avidemux 2.7-qt5

Started by Firefox, February 25, 2020, 11:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefox

Hello,
I'm new on this forum and a newbie with avidemux. :-)
I installed avidemux2.7-qt5 on my ubuntu 18.04 LTS and I ran easily some conversions from avi to mkv.
And, now, I want to use avidemux with command line to make batch jobs. First, I try a simple line command and it fails because some options aren't known although they are referenced on the official wiki.
Here is the command I used:

avidemux2.7-qt5 --force-alt-h264 --video-codec x264 --audio-codec MP3 --audio-delay 220 --load <file.avi> --save <file.mkv> --output-format MKV --quit

The unknown otions are force-alt-h264 and audio-delay.
What did I do wrong? The version? If so, which one should I install? If not, can you help me?
Thank you and have a nice day.
FF

eumagga0x2a

The wiki is extremely outdated.

The command line which does roughly what you seem to want to do would be

avidemux3_qt5 --load /path/to/source/video --video-codec x264 --audio-codec Lame --output-format MKV --save /path/to/output/file.mkv --quit

but more advanced things like desired encoder configuration, features of the MKV muxer like forcing a specific display aspect ratio and audio delay seem to require usage of python scripting, e.g. saving

adm=Avidemux()
adm.audioSetShift(0,1,220)

as a file e.g. "audioshift.py" and adding --run /path/to/audioshift.py to the command line prior to --save.

If the Avidemux executable is renamed from the default name "avidemux3_qt5" to "avidemux2.7-qt5" by the third party which provides the Ubuntu package, then please use the renamed version, of course.

Firefox

Hello eumagga0x2a,

And thanks a lot for all these informations.
I'll try your suggestions and feedback asap.

Firefox

Hello eumagga0x2a,

It works! Thank you so much!  :D
Here is the command I used:
avidemux2.7_cli --load file.avi --video-codec x264 --audio-codec Faac --output-format MKV --run avidemux_essai.py --save file.mkv --quit