Can't open a .TS file in 2.7.5 14th March Win64 Qt5

Started by minegroasprilla, March 14, 2020, 05:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minegroasprilla

I downloaded latest "2.7.5 r200314_win64", but it did not open a file in .TS, so I had to go back to the version "2.7.5 r200214_win64" that opened that video.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: minegroasprilla on March 14, 2020, 05:35:38 PM
I downloaded latest "2.7.5 r200314_win64", but it did not open a file in .TS, so I had to go back to the version "2.7.5 r200214_win64" that opened that video.

What video do you refer to? Please don't hijack other people's topics.

minegroasprilla

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on March 14, 2020, 07:25:54 PM
Quote from: minegroasprilla on March 14, 2020, 05:35:38 PM

What video do you refer to? Please don't hijack other people's topics.

man, latest version have problems... I have to go back to a previous version.

eumagga0x2a

Please provide more info. Please delete the .idx2 file matching the TS video, try to load it in the latest nightly. If loading fails, close Avidemux, compress (zip or 7z) the log file admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux\ and attach it to your reply.

If the content of the TS file is innocuous enough, please provide the it as a sample via WeTransfer (no email address required!), Mega, Dropbox or Google Drive.

minegroasprilla

This file donĀ“t work on  latest beta version:
http://www.mediafire (dot) com/file/5njueeu0d0wo6ys/video_ts.ts/file

eumagga0x2a

Thank you for the sample, issue confirmed, investigating.

eumagga0x2a

Should be fixed by [demuxers/MpegTS] Clear tsPacketLinear::eof if we were able to get the next packet.

The changeset [demuxers/MpegTS] Disambiguate frames and fields in interlaced video streams, double frame rate for field encoded video irrespectively of the codec, fix wrong picture structure written to index, detect presence of interlacing in H.264 streams and write the corresponding property to the index file triggered a pre-existing issue by making it possible to reach the end of the file while trying to determine whether the video is interlaced. Once we hit the end of the file, there was no way back despite rewinding to the start as it never reset the eof flag.

Thank you for your report.

eumagga0x2a