News:

--

Main Menu

How do I know the Audio Volume Level

Started by vinckles, April 02, 2020, 01:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinckles

Hi,
       I have always used XmediaRecode video converter to learn the true Audio Level of my video:  You click the 'Normalize'  button;  the software analyses the signal and displays the value,  lets say,  95 db.  The default level,which is the best level to set all of the videos to, is 89 db.  So if it reads 95 db you just reduce it by 6 db and the rendered video will have an audio level of exactly 89 db!

How I wish I could do the same thing using Avidemux(?)  I do not know how to determine the true loudness of the video.  There seems to a button under audio Filters which increases / decreases Gain but how do I learn the true loudness of the audio in the first place?
      Can anyone advise me please?
(If all else fails, at least I can get things right using XmediaRecode but it would be helpful if I could achieve it all using Avidemux.)

eumagga0x2a

There is no user-friendly way to do it in Avidemux. To determine the maximum possible gain without clipping, enable the Gain audio filter in automatic mode with maximum value set to zero, then re-encode the audio track (you don't need to keep the result) and search admlog.txt ("Help" --> "Advanced" --> "Open Application Log") for string

[Normalize] maximum found for channel