Indexing of more files at once

Started by Chrisi, April 23, 2020, 07:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisi

First of all - thanks a lot for this brilliant and easy to use application...

Is there any way to select multiple files and index them in one go...
Would save a lot of time and clicking arround...

eumagga0x2a

What problem you are trying to solve?

If all .ts (or .mpg, we have to match by extension here) files you would like to index are in a single directory, you could use internal python scripting to open and close all ts files in a folder:

adm = Avidemux()
ui = Gui()
ext = "ts"
inputFolder = ui.dirSelect("Select a folder with "+ext+" files")
if inputFolder is None:
    return
list = get_folder_content(inputFolder,ext)
if list is None:
    gui.displayError("No "+ext+" files found in "+inputFolder+", nothing to do.")
    return
for i in list:
    adm.loadVideo(i)
gui.displayInfo("Everything done","")

To run this code, either paste it into the Avidemux scripting shell (and press "evaluate") or save it as a .py file and execute it via "File" --> "Project Script" --> "Run Project Script".

If some files might be identified based on their sequntial names and unified sizes as pieces of a single stream, this script might not work as expected.

Chrisi

Wow - thank you very much for that - it works - thats exactly what i was asking for...

Simple to use and clearly explained - even i could get it to work without running into troubles...
Only i get an Error-Message at the end but never mind - all the files are done by then...

So thanks again for that timesaver...

👍👍👍

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Chrisi on April 25, 2020, 08:56:46 PM
Only i get an Error-Message at the end

What does the error message say?

Chrisi

Thats the error-message but all the .idx2 files have been succesfully created...
I am using OSX-Mojave - maybe this has something to do with that...

TinyPy:Exception

Exception :(_tp_dict_get) KeyError: gui
BackTrack:
File:py2bc.py, line 53
File:/Users/admin/Desktop/index.py, line 13

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Chrisi on April 26, 2020, 09:51:41 AM
Thats the error-message but all the .idx2 files have been succesfully created...
I am using OSX-Mojave - maybe this has something to do with that...

TinyPy:Exception

Exception :(_tp_dict_get) KeyError: gui

Oops, please replace my typo

gui.displayInfo("Everything done","")

with the corrected version

ui.displayInfo("Everything done","")

Anyway, that last command is just for looks (to show a graphical message). The operating system doesn't matter here. However, on macOS you could alternatively use bash scripting to call the command-line version of Avidemux

cd /full/path/to/the/directory
for file in *.ts; do /Application/Avidemux_2.7.5.app/Contents/MacOS/avidemux_cli --load "${file}"; done

instead of using internal python scripting.

eumagga0x2a

Wait a bit, Mojave? Which version of Avidemux do you use then? I guess, recent nightlies don't run on Mojave anymore. (I am still not accustomed to macOS versioning, we should be compatible all the way back to High Sierra)

Chrisi

Changed it - works perfectly now - get the message "Everything done" at the end...

I rather use this internal python scripting instead of command line - feels like its part of the program and completely useable over the graphical user interface - brilliant...

Thank you very much...

Chrisi

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on April 26, 2020, 11:14:58 AM
Wait a bit, Mojave? Which version of Avidemux do you use then? I guess, recent nightlies don't run on Mojave anymore. (I am still not accustomed to macOS versioning, we should be compatible all the way back to High Sierra)

Running 2.7.4 - the latest official i guess - Mojave came after High Sierra so no problems with that...
Will stick to Mojave now because of the lack of 32-bit support on Catalina...

eumagga0x2a

I would strongly recommend updating to the latest and greatest, especially for macOS ("fade" filters were completely borked in the release, reported and fixed soon thereafter + plentiful fixes all around the place).

Chrisi

Up to date now 👍- didnt know there where newer releases...

eumagga0x2a

Strictly speaking, these builds are not releases but snapshots of the ongoing development. In this sense, they may introduce changes which are not backward-compatible or some new bugs or even crashes. However, at the moment the net balance should be strongly positive compared to the last release.