-- No packaging... (package=)

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
CMake Warning:
  Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

CMAKE_EDIT_COMMAND

-- Build files have been written to: /home/dstromberg/src/avidemux/src/buildQt5
** Failed at make, result in /tmp/logbuildQt5**

I tried to include more of the error text, but the forum software wouldn't allow it, thinking it was spam.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks!

eumagga0x2a

Please compress (gz, zip, 7z) and attach /tmp/logbuildQt5 to your reply. If CleanTalk intervenes again, please send it attached to a PM.

(Of course, if you can figure out the reason for build failure yourself, I don't insist on getting the file)

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: strombrg on April 17, 2020, 05:19:11 PM
Now I'm getting:

XVideo         No

Regarding this message, did you run the createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash convenience script to install the dependencies? XVideo should not be missing if you did.

strombrg

No, I did not use createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash; I used bootStrap.bash

strombrg

Here's my logbuildQt5 - please find it attached.

eumagga0x2a

QuoteGenerating /home/dstromberg/src/avidemux/src/buildQt5/i18n/avidemux_ca.qm from /home/dstromberg/src/avidemux/src/avidemux/qt4/i18n/avidemux_ca.ts
cd /home/dstromberg/src/avidemux/src/buildQt5/i18n && /usr/bin/lrelease /home/dstromberg/src/avidemux/src/avidemux/qt4/i18n/avidemux_ca.ts -qm /home/dstromberg/src/avidemux/src/buildQt5/i18n/avidemux_ca.qm
lrelease: could not exec '/usr/lib/qt5/bin/lrelease': No such file or directory
i18n/CMakeFiles/qmfiles.dir/build.make:105: recipe for target 'i18n/avidemux_ca.qm' failed
make[2]: *** [i18n/avidemux_ca.qm] Error 1

qttools5-dev-tools would not be missing if you'd used createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash like

bash createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash --deps-only

once prior to executing bootStrap.bash or just had a look at the list of build dependencies it installs.

strombrg

Running:
git submodule update --init --recursive
git pull --recurse
# chmod 755 bootStrap.bash
# ./bootStrap.bash
chmod 755 createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash
./createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash --deps-only

I'm getting:
QuoteThe following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libpulse-dev : Depends: libpulse0 (= 1:11.1-1ubuntu7.4) but 1:11.1-1ubuntu7.5 is to be installed
                Depends: libpulse-mainloop-glib0 (= 1:11.1-1ubuntu7.4) but 1:11.1-1ubuntu7.5 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
The installation at least of some of the build dependencies failed. Aborting.

Further suggestions I hope?

Thanks!

eumagga0x2a

Neat, Ubuntu has botched package management by incorrect withdrawal of an PulseAudio update: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1860622

This means users have to manually downgrade to the 1:11.1-1ubuntu7.4 version if they need to build anything depending on libpulse on their systems. Which packages built from PulseAudio source do you have currently installed?

dpkg -l | grep pulse

You need to install (re-install?) all of the currently present ones in a single command with exact version. Maybe

sudo apt-get install libpulse0=1:11.1-1ubuntu7.4 libpulse-mainloop-glib0=1:11.1-1ubuntu7.4

but for all affected packages in one go might solve the problem.